Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Manic Monday

4th of July

What is your favorite 4th of July memory? (If you aren't in the U.S., then use your own national holiday.)
My favorite--and actually one of the few I remember with clarity--is my sister's party for the whole family the day before I got married. We had a good time. Except when Beast fell asleep with his head on my lap on the couch and I fell asleep bent in half sideways over him. My sister took a picture; it's painful to look at how bendy we were at 22!
Fireworks- love them, hate them or somewhere in between?
Love them when they are done as a big show. I'll admit that my favorite is the shlocky shows with music, especially music you can tune in on the radio (do they still do those?). The problem with these is that they require spending an hour with a huge crowd of people at the prime mosquito-biting time of evening; I hate the exit from the viewing site. So we generally watch from home, which lessens the oohing and aahing (we're about 10 miles from town).

I do not like the "shows" put on by our neighbors. Last night was just a little terrifying to be upstairs in our house; once again, we are Little Baghdad.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.