Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Miss Elainie

My favorite...

1. ...smell is…
...depending on the day, the list includes: vanilla, babies, "clean", libraries/bookstores (the glue in the bindings? the pages rotting? paper and ink?), cloves, pine forests (real pine, not the stuff in a bottle!)...
2. ...summertime thing to do is…
...to sit in the sun reading a book while I bake, until I can't see anything for the brightness of the paper. Just sitting in the sun is always good.
3. ...tree to sit under is…
...uhm, I don't like sitting under trees. I'm such a child the prairie, and of my mother: ticks fall out of trees, y'know. ;-)
We had a crabapple tree in our front yard growing up; I didn't mind sitting under it, on the hill, watching traffic and thinking about stuff.
4. ...restaurant chain is…
...Olive Garden. Though Applebee's holds a lot of very fond memories for me. In fact, it's kind of "our" restaurant ever since just before Sparky was born.
5. ...room in the house is…
our bedroom: it's big and bright and comfy; the living room: fireplace and lots of windows and has paint on the walls; the kitchen: enormous, bright and clean (if not uncluttered); the yard, though I know it's not a 'room' per se, I like that it's wide open and green and at the top of a hill so we have some decent views (between the new houses that have been built).

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.