Monday, July 3, 2006

Friday 5

Colors

1. When you were a kid, which crayon in your box was the most worn-down?
I don't really remember which was worn down. I do know that I couldn't keep a black crayon to save my life. All I ever had were 1/4" stubs, if any, of black.

I think I wore out brown pretty fast. Or maybe blue.
2. What color looks best on you?
I wear an awful lot of blue and brown. How very subconscious and ironic that first answer looks now!

I think I probably look best in greens and blues. Red is right out for me, as is bright yellow, and white isn't really fabulous either.
3. You know how paint colors always have weird names like “dusk” or “morning haze?” What name for a color would be most appropriate for your bedroom? (forget about the color itself; just focus on its name, and feel free to make a name up!)
Right now it's Builder White. The color I'd most like in there is Sky Blue, An Hour After a Thunderstorm.

I'm not going down the symbolic road here.
4. What food grosses you out just by its color?
Well, octopus and squid aren't all that attactive: pale blue and purple food just looks icky. I'm not too fond of cooked red cabbage either.

But the all time grody-ody looking food is rhubarb pie. It's just wrong.
5. What’s something in your life that just isn’t colorful enough?
My language? No, that's probably good.
My bedroom? Definitely needs paint.
My blogs? Probably need an overhaul.
This whole meme reminds of this song from "Barnum." Which one are you?

Phineas:
The colors of my life
Are bountiful and bold,
The purple glow of indigo,
The gleam of green and gold.
The splendor of the sunrise,
The dazzle of a flame,
The glory of a rainbow,
I'd put 'em all to shame.
No quiet browns and grays,
I'll take my days instead
And fill them till they overflow
With rose and cherry red!
And should this sunlit world
Grow dark one day,
The colors of my life
Will leave a shining light
To show the way...
The splendor of a sunrise,
The dazzle of a flame,
The glory of a rainbow,
I'd put 'em all to shame...

Charity:
The colors of my life
Are softer than a breeze.
The silver gray of eiderdown,
The dappled green of trees.
The amber of a wheat field,
The hazel of a seed,
The crystal of a raindrop,
Are all I'll ever need.
Your reds are much too bold,
In gold I find no worth.
I'll fill my days with sage and brown
The colors of the earth,
And if from by my side
My love should roam,
The colors of my life
Will shine a quiet light
To lead him home.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.