Monday, July 3, 2006

Curious as a Cat

Questions for Week Number Twenty-Three:

With what do you associate the sound of ringing bells, if anything?
Normally, I would say a call to church.

This weekend, I'll add the lyrics for the final song in the musical "1776"; John Adams is 'singing':

Is anybody there?
Does anybody care?
Does anybody see what I see?

They want to me to quit; they say
John, give up the fight
Still to England I say
Good night, forever, good night!
For I have crossed the Rubicon
Let the bridge be burned behind me
Come what may, come what may

Commitment!

The croakers all say we'll rue the day
There'll be hell to pay in fiery purgatory
Through all the gloom, through all the gloom
I see the rays of ravishing light and glory!

Is anybody there? Does anybody care?
Does anybody see what I see?

I see fireworks! I see the pagaent and
Pomp and parade
I hear the bells ringing out
I hear the cannons roar
I see Americans - all Americans
Free forever more

How quiet, how quiet the chamber is
How silent, how silent the chamber is

Is anybody there? Does anybody care?
Does anybody see what I see?
Name something you think is fun to do that most people wouldn't think so.
Cataloging books. I've had multiple librarians over the years tell me how much they hated their cataloging class. And I know 'regular people' whose eyes glaze over when I explain what I do. I can tell, even when I do the explanation via email. {{snore}} Oh, well, I like my job. It's fun teasing out the details.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.