Wednesday, March 2, 2005

L-O-N-G

No brain, just follow the rest of the pack. I first did this July 2, before I had permalinks figured out. [*indicates a cut/paste from last time]

Starting time: 11:17 a.m. (in the kids' dept., where it's quiet, at least right now)
Full name: My full legal name is comprised of 4 words. There are 21 letters: no 'a' or 'e', 2 'a's, 3 'r's, and 4 't's. Vowels: 6. Consonants: 15
Nicknames: My parents purposely chose names that are hard to shorten into nicknames. Mine is just pronounced wrong all the time. It is NOT Marian, although plenty of ridiculous patrons have insisted on calling me that!
School: None now. Went to Maddox Elementary, Flood Jr. High and Englewood High School. Then I left Colorado. Obviously, I'm crazy.
Email: I have 4 email addresses, including the gmail you'll get to if you click on the link to the left.
Eyes: two that came with the package, which are sort of hazel/brownish-green, plus two that I actually use to see, which are silver-rimmed
Height: 5' 8" and shrinking. The last time I was at the doctor I'd lost a half-inch.
Siblings: *Currently, 3 older (2 sisters, 1 brother) ranging from 50 to 60 years old.

HAVE YOU:
Ever been kissed? Yep. How sad would it be to have reached 41 and have to say no? Even my family isn't that standoffish!
Ever cheat or been cheated on? I guess it depends on your definition of cheating. I don't think so. And certainly not since July 1986!
Ever missed school because it was raining? *Because of RAIN?? Nope.
Ever faked sick? Well, of course. This year, even, if the truth be told.
Kept a secret from everyone? Now, really. Of course. Daily. It's part of life. For instance, only two people in my birth family know about the blog, and I don't think they read it.
Had an imaginary friend? I like Amy's answer: "no. You're all real, aren't you???" But I'll use my previous answer: "No. I had imaginary families, classrooms, dorms, workplaces, spaceships.... My whole life was imaginary for many, many years."
Wanted to hook up with a friend? Yes.
Cried during a flick? This should read "ever NOT cried...." I cry all the time in movies.
Who is your "star crush"? I may be getting too old for crushes. I think Johnny Depp is awfully gorgeous, same for Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. But I don't obsess over it like I did when hormones were raging.
Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? Nope. Just a husband.

FAVORITES
Drink: Diet Dr. Pepper. Or, Long Island Iced Tea.
Food: Pasta. And sugar. (but not together)
Restaurant: Kinda been fixated on Cheddars and The Olive Garden lately. Harvest Moon for "grownup" meals.
Shampoo: *Clairol Herbal Essence. Yes, those awful ads. But it’s the only one I can find that doesn’t mess with my skin. (It sucks being sensitive, poor me. Hah)
Color: blue
Summer/Winter? Fall. Then spring (which sort of describes my life, too)
Online/Offline? I still don't understand this question! Suffice to say that going without a computer is not an option for me, at work especially.
Like anyone: *Hmm, I think you’ve lost me on this one too. I like lots of people, I tolerate more, and I loathe a large percentage of humankind. Are we talking “like” like (like in high school)? [y’know I just had to write that: three “likes” in a row]
I “like” my husband, most days.
Who have you known the longest out of your friends: *The friend that I still keep in contact with whom I’ve known the longest is Laura Moore (she’ll always be Laurie Lee Moore, even though she’s married now with a different name). I met her in 1970 at Mrs. Becker’s house. She was the catty-corner neighbor. Who do I know the most about? Probably Jenny Chamberlain (again, now married with a different name). Those are my soul-pals; in my head, they are so alike they are almost one person. But yet, not. Hard to explain.
Who's the shyest? I don't think I have any shy friends. At least I wouldn't categorize them as shy. The Beast isn't shy but he hates talking in front of people, or teaching.
Who do you go to for advice? The Beast. And God. *[partial] ...My family is so full of advice--usually unsolicited--that I never need to ask; I get it regardless.
Who do you get along with? *Which day? heh Usually, I’m pretty easy to get along with, but not when I‘m trying to work and people are talking. I don’t know; I have my cranky days. The Beast and the boy would probably say I’m a bitch about every 5th day, and I can attribute that to lack of sleep most of the time.

IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS HAVE YOU...
Cried: Yes. I know, that's shocking. There was one day of wracking sobs. Poor Beast.
Been mean: Yes, but not so much anymore. I'm actually getting better with Sparky. Now I'm meaner to The Beast. And I've been snide and snarky behind people's backs, too. Does that count?
Been sarcastic: see above
Been yelled at: I don't think so. The Beast hasn't felt good, but I don't think he's yelled at me.
Talked to someone you have a crush on? see above re crushes. So, no.
Kissed someone: Yes. Daily.
Hugged someone: Yes. Daily
Wished upon a star: Nope. Or as I said last time: yuck!
Laughed until you've cried: No, I don't think that has been a problem at all.
Played Truth or Dare: No, God forbid!
Watched a sunrise/sunset: Yes, there was a sunset last week to die for.
Went to the beach at night: Not likely
Were you lonely: Yes. Daily.
Were you happy: Yes, I think there have been moments.
Have you talked to someone online: If email counts, yes. I don't IM. But have had some doozy email threads going.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN...
God/Devil: I believe in God. I believe in evil. Not sure if there is "a Satan." Still working on it.
Love: If I didn't I'd've killed myself months ago.
The Closet Monster: Not really, but then again....
Heaven/Hell: *Well, this is an interesting question. I do believe in both, but not necessarily as places. No fluttering wings or red dudes with pokey sticks! I’ve been working on this conceptually for about a decade. I really do think that Jesus’ Kingdom of Heaven was about people on earth creating God’s Kingdom. Not about a place to get to as a reward, but as a place to get to because of freakin’ hard work and intentionality. It’s like that feeling one gets when EVERYTHING is perfect; it usually lasts, oh, about 25 seconds. That’s the Kingdom of Heaven. The rest of the time, when things are in the dumper and life is sucking and you’re living in a bubble that no one else can see? That’s Hell. So is that place of utter discouragement with self. See why I fear religious extremists? I’m creating dogma without a license!
Superstitions: Not really.

Half empty or half full? Normally, I'm a half full kinda girl. Lately, however, it's been half empty.
Who named you? My sisters.
Favorite quote: I just randomly looked for one in QOTD: "My library/Was dukedom large enough." Shakespeare (The Tempest) Otherwise, it depends on the day.
When was the last time you showered? I showered Sunday (I think). I took a bath last night.
What is the last thing you said online? That would be this. Or the last meme.
What is right next to you? The notebook with the list of library codes for our system, the storyhour newsletter, the cordless phone, the regular phone, a small calendar, a pathfinder for A Series of Unfortunate Events, and a thingy with pens/pencils/scratch paper in it.
What is your computer desk made of? Faux Corian and wood. Well, this one. My actually work-desk is ... uh, desktop (formica?) and metal. My desk at home is particle board and veneer.
What was the last thing that you did? Helped the children's librarian hang a duck from the ceiling.
Where do you want to go on your honeymoon? Too late.
Where do you want your wedding? Too late.
Where do you live? Planet Earth, mostly. In the U.S. Midwest. Flatland.
How's the weather? Lousy, thanks. But at least the sun is shining. (and I can see it from here!)
What did you do last night? Ate leftovers, watched The Amazing Race, cleaned up for the cleaning lady.
What are you doing tonight? Supper at church, Bible Study afterwards.
How do YOU eat an Oreo? I don't very often. Usually nowadays, I just pop it in my mouth.
All time favorite TV show: I really like Survivor, but the Amazing Race is big now. All-time though? Can't think of just one.
Dream vehicle: *Where I live now, I’ve got it: a compact pickup, manual tranny. If I lived in the mountains: Jeep CJ7
What do you want to be when you grow up? Content.
Favorite music? *[Partial]I like a variety.
OK, here's the pile of CDs I have currently ready to go at work:
Nina Simone--Four Women (which, by the way, is another killer song)
Uncle Kracker--Double Wide
Steve Earle--Sidetracks
Brian Wilson--Smile
1776 (the soundtrack)
Avril Lavigne--Under My Skin
...and a 'homemade' one from A.
Favorite band? Right now it's U2.
Favorite food? Did this already: Pasta. And sugar. (but not together!)
Favorite days of the week? Mondays. Sundays, during football season.
Favorite animal? Dogs.
Brand of clothing? Coldwater Creek or whatever is on sale at Kohl's.
If you could change your name, what would it be? Jo.
Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? Just The Beast.
The most stupidest thing you have ever done? Where to start...? Too many to list. Getting drunk on cheap champagne comes to mind....
First son's name? He's named after both grandfathers (and his dad, who is named after his dad).
First daughter's name? *Not. Gonna. Happen. (but I like Josephine)
First crush? *Jim Phillips. [additional: First Star Crush was David Cassidy.]
On the phone or in person? *Huh? I’d prefer to talk face-to-face, but for those of my family and friends in different area codes, the phone is a godsend.
If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? *Keep. My. Mouth. Shut.
Where were you born? Denver, CO
What kind of pets do you have? I don't have any: my son has 2 guinea pigs. In case you've missed the constant references to them elsewhere....
Who sent this to you? see top.
What do you think about this person? I think she cracks me up. Which she may or may not be happy to hear. I think she takes things very much to heart, and yes, I think she's sensitive. [stop snorting]
Your favorite songs? Kinda hooked on Nina right now. Overall, though, I keep coming back to the musicals from the 50s and 60s.
Anything you want to say to everyone? *Obviously--that's why I have a blog!
Do you want your friends to do this survey? Whatever. It's really long and I don't expect them to have time, but it would be fun to read.
Time Finished: 1:50 p.m. (mucho stuff came up whilst doing it)

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.