Thursday, December 9, 2004

It's that time

Thursday Threesome

Onesome- Dashing through the snow: Do you get much snow where you live? Do you enjoy winter sports like skiing or would you rather stay in by the cozy fire?

It's normal to get snow all winter here, although last year we were gypped; I think we had one storm. I like the snow, but I'd like it to go away by February. On the other hand, I don't like snowless cold at all. I guess I just will never be happy in the winter!

I don't ski. Panting in cold weather kicks my asthma over. So, fireside, yes; good book, yes.

Twosome- In a one horse open sleigh: Have you ever been on a sleigh ride or a carriage ride? Do you even like horses? Or would you just rather travel by your own two feet?

Our town has carriage rides every December around the Square. It's fun. I always forget about it until the really cold days and getting the rest of the family excited about standing in line and then riding in frigid temps is...difficult.

My most memorable (only?) sleigh ride was in a troika in Siberia, a ride that was followed by shots of vodka, potato pancakes, and the Chicken Dance. Surreal? Yep.

Threesome- O'er the fields we go: What's the first thing that pops into your mind when someone says field? Corn? Football field? Outfield?
Meadow. Corn, yeah, or flowers. More likely to think football than baseball, if I get to sports at all. Otherwise, an old joke: "Out standing in her field."

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.