Thursday, December 9, 2004

...and more

3xThursday

1.During the busy week, what do you do to relax?
Ha ha ha ha

That's not meant to be a joke? OK, I read. I do crosswords. I take a bath if there's really a lot of time.

No. That's still a joke.
2. Are you ever just *so* busy that if you don't take a break, you'll explode? How do you handle situations like that?
Yes.

I cry. I get a headache, and I plow through. Usually shouting at someone works too, but it's pretty counterproductive.
3. How do you keep yourself from becoming overwhelmed? What happpens when you *do* become overwhelmed? How do you calm yourself down?

I don't. I overwhelm myself on purpose, I think. Years of training have done this to me.

When I'm overwhelmed I get extremely pissy, shout a lot, and cry. Although I do less crying now than I did 20 years ago. Is that progress?

To calm down, I either take a nap or deal with the problem. Sometimes even both!

Bonus Question: How do you get thru a stressful day?
Head down, push through it. Breathing helps. Headphones help a lot. Crying helps, unless I have a headache.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.