Thursday, September 9, 2004

Thursday Threesome


Onesome: Ripped-- Ripped and torn asunder? Do you have a memorable "ripped clothing" moment in your life? No? How about in someone else's? Come on, you know you have something to contribute!
I don't remember any wardrobe malfunctions of my own. I stain a lot of clothes: ink, food, drink. Nothing outrageously embarr ...... oooh, yeah. Remember those stretchy tube-top-meets-peasant-skirt-dresses from the late 70s? When maxi-skirts were hip? I begged and pleaded for one of those and eventually got one, for Easter, when I was around 13. First time I wore it was to church, and we parked in the lower lot. I had to walk up several outdoor stairs to get into the building and in the process stepped on the front hem, pulling the whole dress down about 6 inches on that side.

My very own Janet Jackson moment. Never liked that dress after that. Mom couldnt' understand why... (she missed the whole thing and I never told her) The sad thing is I had nothing to hold it up then (nor would I do better now!). sigh...
Twosome: from the-- From the archives: What's changed on your website over the last year? ...a redo? ...a change of pace? ...or is it still business as usual?
Much has changed--I've only blogged since February. I'm changing the subtitle/description soon. Not sure what that entails as yet. Still cogitating.
Threesome: Headlines-- Are you a Headline Nazi? I mean, do you ever look at a headline and ask yourself, "What were they thinking?" ...or, "What are they trying to say?" Then again, do you have a favorite headline that you'll always remember?
Yeah, I wonder about headlines in the paper a lot. But I do understand that they are frequently written in a hurry by the editors, who may not have read the whole article. If the reporter didn't get the W's into the top 'graph, the editor has no chance of getting a decent headline.

Having said all that, my favorite is about the "Enola Homosexual" pilot-reunion in this paper several years ago. Think on it long enough and you'll get it. (They deep-sixed the automatic Political Correctness spell-checker/-changer soon thereafter, I'm sure.)

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.