Monday, June 21, 2004

Life is all about me, after all...

Link: Monday Madness
Title: Do you prefer....

This week's set of questions are all about you! Have a marvelous week!! =)
OK, so I'm assuming this is what I do myself, not what I think others should do.
I should warn you that I'm cranky today.
Having cleared ALL that up--to my satisfaction anyway:

1. Long hair or Short hair Longer is better. My mom made me get a pixie cut for most of my childhood. In 7th grade she decided to let me grow my hair out, but gave me no pointers on how to take care of it. I wore "Sacajawea ponytails" for 3 or 4 years, till high school when I cut it all off again so I could do a Lady Di cut. It was pretty short all the way through college. Then I let it grow out till it was about mid-shoulder length. When my sister died and my son was a toddler, I cut it all off again, really short; basically a boy haircut. I've had my current hairstyle for the past 5 years or so...Stepford Suburbia is my pet name for it...

2. Contacts or Glasses Glasses. Since age 10. I had contacts for about 7 months in college. They sucked. I was allergic to the cleaning solution, but didn't know it, and forcing my body to deal with it brought on all my other enviro. allergies. Besides, I'm intrinsically too lazy to deal with contacts every day.

3. Spring or Autumn Wow, that's tough. I like spring because it means winter is over, but I'm picky and want spring to segue to summer in about 2 days total. This spring has lasted over 2 months! I also like fall. Pretty colors, great smells, football games, really HOT days and cool nights. But fall means winter isn't far behind...

4. Mittens or Gloves Uh, yes. Mittens over gloves! I have things that are fingerless gloves with a mitten part that pulls up and over the fingers; they're designed for hunters and photographers and keep my hands warmer than anything else. My hands are cold all winter, so this is something I spend valuable time considering, believe me.

5. Car or Truck/SUV Uh-oh, you'll be sorry you asked this!
    First of all, there is a difference between a truck and an SUV. I drive a small pickup; it's NOT AN SUV!*

    Secondly, SUVs as they stand now are Evil Incarnate. They should be driven to Wyoming, and once they are all collected, bombed back into their intrinsic parts. With the following exceptions: people living where there are no paved roads can keep their jeep, people who know how to put the vehicle into 4WD can keep them, people who use their vehicles for roadside assistance for a living can keep them, anyone who knows how to put chains on tires can keep their jeep (because they are smarter than 90% of the world's population), and any emergency workers who need to be out and about in awful snow. EVERYONE ELSE, TURN IN THE SUVs and buy a frickin' car.

    By the way, Hummer owners should be immediately enlisted in the armed forces when they purchase this vehicle. They and their vehicles will be shipped, free of charge, to a foreign locale of the U.S. Government's choice (Iraq, Afghanistan or Bosnia are some exciting destination possibilities) and will be allowed to drive their Hummers anywhere they want. The dealers will be incarcerated in Abu Ghraib.
Ahem....carrying on now....

6. Mac or Windows Windows, cuz I haven't used a Mac since grad school, and only two or three times then.

7. Cats or Dogs Dogs. I'm more allergic to cats than dogs, although I think I've become more of a cat-person than I ever used to be. Too bad.

8. Rock or Jazz All other things being equal, rock. But I like jazz vocals too. What about classical??? Or country (not that I'm all that into country). Or reggae (YES!).

9. Pen or Pencil At work, mostly pencil. Otherwise, pens with character. If you don't know what that means, never mind.

10. DVD's or VHS's Videos right now, but I'm hoping to get a DVD player something in the next 6 months. But honestly, we don't have time to watch movies. And when we do, we mostly just flip on HBO or whatever other channels we have available to see what's playing there...

* Someday, when I move back to the mountains, I will have a jeep. It will be a jeep, soft-top, similar to the old Cherokees or CJ7s. It will be used ONLY on certified jeep roads, not driven across unspoiled grasslands or meadows. It will be used by and for people who have their brains in their heads not in their butts.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.