Thursday, June 24, 2004

It's that time o' the week

Link: Thursday Threesome
Title: ::Capricious: Governed or characterized by impulse or whim, lacking rational basis or likely to change suddenly::

Onesome: Characterized by impulse--Do you you consider yourself impulsive or do you tend to think everything through before you make a move?
    Yes. hee
    Depends on the subject. I'm pretty impulsive on a day-to-day basis, but for the "big decision" stuff (vacations, large purchases, etc.) I tend to be compulsive about research and so forth.
Twosome: lacking rational basis--If you are impulsive, do you rationalize and justify your actions? Like, since that item you bought on a whim was on sale, you really saved money by buying it?
    I sometimes say stuff like that to The Beast. We have a friend who says it seriously; I say it ironically in tribute to her. Nothing I buy is totally irrational, except candy bars in the checkout lane. Other dangerous impulse buys: shoes, books, guinea pig paraphrenalia, bottled pop. I'm pretty much not allowed in bookstores or shoestores without a guard/guide.
Threesome: or likely to change suddenly-- When you make up your mind, does it stay made up or do you tend to change your mind at the last minute? ...or do you waffle back and forth until you're forced to decide?
    Oh, no, I'm a BIG waffler. I change my mind some days more often than I breathe. All right, MOST days... ;-) Pity The Beast; he suffers for my self-doubt.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.