Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Cheddar X

Title: Best and Worst Cheddar X Ever

1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?
Winning at poker. Beating two boys. Twice.
The worst?
My back hurting again.

2. What's the best thing someone's done for you (recently or not so recently)?
In a very general, non-specific way...been honest with me.
What's the worst thing someone's done to you (again, recently or not so recently)?
I hate getting yelled at; it happens.

3. What's the best thing about your job?
I get to be my own boss, and decide what to do when. At least most of the time.
Worst?
Having to supervise Label Woman.

4. What's the best new website you've found?
Going Underground
Worst?
There are so many...the most disappointing is this one.

5. What's the best book you've read?
Heh. Jack Gantos' Hole in My Life is gripping me this week.
Worst?
There are so many...luckily I have the knack of deleting them from my hard-drive ASAP. One I had to read in college: Moby Dick. ick

6. What's the best movie you've seen?
I love Heathers.
Worst?
Again, I've deleted the title. It was a kids' thing that my son wanted to see with a friend. I sat behind them. And slept.

7. What's the best meal you've had?
Great steak at at Mo's in Milwaukee. Great Greek food at Sto Steki on Ydra. The first burger after 5 weeks in Asia and Europe.
Worst?
Russian food. Well, to be fair, it was Soviet food.

8. What's the best holiday?
Fourth of July: it's hot, it's fun, it's low-pressure, and you get fireworks. It's also right around my anniversary. Thanksgiving gives it a good run for the money, though.
Worst?
Christmas is always such a let-down by the time the 25th actually arrives...

9. What's the best thing in your future?
Seeing my son grown-up.
Worst?
Being the youngest in my family: I'm pretty sure that most (if not all) my siblings will die before me. Which sucks.

10. What's the best quote you know?
Funny: "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. (Mark Twain)" Serious: "Now faith is [the] substantiating of things hoped for, [the] conviction of things not seen. (Letter to the Hebrews)"
Worst?
"You get what you deserve." So untrue.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.