Thursday, July 1, 2004

Thursday Threesome

Title: ::Yankee Doodle Dandee::

Onesome: Yankee - Hey, this is the 4th of July weekend here in the States; do you have any plans? Fireworks? Watching the Boston Pops? Hiding under the bed with the dog?

We have relatives coming in bigtime…as is apparently our wont this summer. It will be good to see them all, but we haven’t made any plans beyond their arrivals. We’ll probably just eat brats and burgers, and those who want to will have a beer or two. We’ll see the fireworks somewhere, I’m sure. We have pyros in our neighborhood who’ve been setting off test charges all week.

We used to have a dog who just hated the 4th. Luckily, she went deaf about 4 years before she died, so the last few years were relatively peaceful for her. And my son has reached the age where he doesn’t freak out at loud noises either. My now-29-year-old nephew actually tried to crawl into the concrete at a baseball game we went to on July 4th when he was about 7. He’d be mortified to know I was telling everyone that…!

Twosome: Doodle - Is there any paper safe from you, or are you a doodler? If you are, when are you most likely to doodle and what do you draw?

Not a doodler, at least not much. I mostly doodle geometric shapes and spiderwebs. And only when I’m bored to annoyance. Otherwise, I’m taking notes. So if there are no notes to take, I’m doodling. And wondering why the heck I’m there if I’m not learning anything!

Threesome: Dandee - Or dandy. It's one of my favorite words. How about you, do you have any favorite words that you like to use, just because you like the way they sound or just because you can?

Yeah, there are a few. I’ll make a list of the ones that come to mind today:
    jazz
    oil
    ya’ll
    agape
    pizza
    gyro (the food)
    moo
    melk (it’s a ‘sconsin thing)
    M’waukee
    fuck (sometimes it’s just appropriate)
    hot
    krizzledizzle (fancy-decorated, like with rhinestones and other crap)
    nuclear & realtor (because I say them right!)
    antediluvian
    lumber
    statistics (this is the test word for drunkenness among my friends and family)

    [my son would add “no” to this list!]
That's today. Tomorrow they would likely be somewhat different.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.