Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Free State Project

(Found here)
started 8/30/19 9:30 pm

2701. What does 'equal' mean? "adj. 1. being the same in quantity, size, degree, or value.
2. having the ability or resources to meet (a challenge)."
"n. a person or thing considered to be the same as another in status or quality."

2702. Do you believe in the phrase 'all men are created equal'? Yes.
What about woman? Yeah, well.... I do. A lot of other people don't.

2703. Have all persons been specifically 'created'? I believe we are all intentionally made, yes.

2704. Are all persons exactly equal? I believe so, yes.

2705. Or do they just have equal rights (in theory)? That's the idea, yep. Hasn't happened yet.

2706. Does art reflect society or does society reflect art? Depends on the artwork, the artist, society, and a lot of other factors.

2707. Are you living under a little black raincloud or a ray of sunshine? I've always been more prone to being "flowers and sunshine" but I've certainly had my "LIFE SUCKS BALLS" days.

2708. What do you wonder about? So much. So very very much. Let's start with kids getting cancer.

2709. What is better: being single and free or being in love and responsible to another person? No one is really free of responsibility, whether or not they're 'in love.'

2710. What vitamins do you take? Multivitamin, D, E, and potassium. My endocrinologist likes to monkey around with my blood chemistry. It's fucking irritating.

2711. In checkers ... red or black? Red, I guess.

2712. Is The Crow a great movie? Never saw it. {shrug}

2713. Do you wear all black frequently? Not frequently. Occasionally, though, yes.

2714. Do you ever call yourself a poet, artist, or musician? I used to say I was a musician, back in high school.
Has your writing been published, your art been hung in a gallery or your band been signed? Hah, no.
Does it matter? Not to me.

2715. When insects get into your house, do you kill them or catch them and take them outside or leave them alone and let them live with you? I mostly let them be. Exceptions being silverfish and earwigs; those guys get crushed amid a great deal of squawking from me, and then flushed or put in the garbage disposer. I hate those guys!!

2716. Name at least one person who's birthday is in:
Jan.- Two nieces, one nephew
Feb.- My son
Mar.- A nephew-in-law
Apr.- A nephew-in-law, two great-nieces
May- Two nieces and a bro-in-law
June- A (deceased) bro-in-law
July- Three nephews (in various removals)
Aug.- Sister, brother, bro-in-law, h.s. bestie
Sept- College bestie, great-nephew
Oct- (Deceased) sister, college bestie, h.s. bestie,
Nov- Dad, nephew, me, Beast, h.s. bestie (2 of them), upcoming great-niece (this year)
Dec- Mom, (deceased) sister, (deceased) great-nephew

There are two great-nephews, a niece-in-law, and a nephew-in-law whose birthdays I don't know for sure.

2717. Which would you consider to be a worse criminal:
a pedophile or a necrophile? Pedo.
What if it was between a pedophile, a necrophile and a murderer? Pedo.

2718. Do we start to die the day we are born or start to live the day we die? I don't even know what the last part means, but I definitely agree with the first part.

2719. Have you ever called your mom or dad a four letter word? I've sworn about my mom. Dad got out of it clean, though, I think.

2720. Do you believe America should go to war with Iraq? Aren't we still doing that?

2721. Agree or disagree?
“There is too much concern in courts for the rights of criminals." Clearly, anyone saying this doesn't understand how the American legal system works. smh Disagree
“Abortion should be legal.” Agree
“The death penalty should be abolished.” Disagree (but it should be used VERY rarely)
“Marijuana should be legalized.” Agree
“It is important to have laws prohibiting homosexual relationships.” WTF, nope, disagree, no no no no......
“The federal government should do more to control the sale of handguns.” Agree. Someone needs to: feds, state, whatever....
“Racial discrimination is no longer a major problem in America.” Fuck right off! Disagree
“Wealthy people should pay a larger share of taxes than they do now.” AGREE
“Colleges should prohibit racist/sexist speech on campus.” "Prohibit" worries me. I think nature should be allowed to take its course: back up your foul language with your fists. Assholes.
“Same-sex couples should have the right to legal marital status.” Agree.
“Affirmative action in college admissions should be abolished.” Disagree.
“The activities of married women are best confined to the home and family.” FUCK. YOU. Disagree. For my mental health and the actual health of my husband, this would be the worst possible thing ever.
“People should not obey laws which violate their personal values.” I mean... agree. But that means being willing to pay the consequences.
“Federal military spending should be increased.” DIS-A-GREE
“Realistically, an individual can do little to bring about changes in our society.” Disagree. Look at Malala.
Why did you agree or disagree to that last statement? Oops, well, how 'bout a list of individuals who HAVE made a difference: Rosa Parks, Harvey Milk, Martin Luther, DonaldFuckingTrump.....

2722. Let's say that after you die you become a spirit and you join all the other spirits. Not all of them have lived. You are talking to some who have never lived about how you HAVE lived. One of the spirits who has never lived says they think they will travel to earth in a human body soon and live. They ask you what three things on Earth should I be sure not to miss? You say...
1. Babies. Playing with them, living with them, seeing them being born.
2. Sunrises in mountains and/or lakes.
3. Falling in love with someone who loves you as much back.

2723. What kind of ass is the sexiest (flat, round, tight, hard, meaty, juicy, small, big, stacked, packed, petite, barely there, curvy, muscular, etc.)? I pretty much don't care as long as it works.

2724. Is there something beautiful and special about everyone? Yes.
If yes is there something beautiful and special about Hitler? I've heard he liked animals.
How about Bin Laden? He was a amateur great volleyball player
What is it? see above

2725. Have you ever moshed? Hell no!
If yes to what bands?
If no then would you ever? NO!

2726. Do you like sushi? Nope.

2727. What mood are you in? I'm tired, but fairly pleased with where I'm at right now.
What does your mood depend on? How much I've accomplished on The List, other people's moods, how ill I am, allergies....
What depends on your mood? How much I accomplish, other people's moods, how ill I feel....

2728. What is faith? Belief in something you can't actually see/feel/hear.
what is common sense? "good sense and sound judgment in practical matters."
Do you have either or both of them? I have both.

2729. Is perfection or imperfection more beautiful? I prefer imperfection.

(I'm tired and need to sleep 10:00pm)
(18 months later, I'm back 7:00 1/11/21)

2730. Would you think a person doing the following things has a healthy or unhealthy level of insanity? 
gives the finger while driving? Depends on the provocation. Generally, I guess I'd wonder about anger issues.
tells their life story to people they just met? I have been both the recipient and the blabber of this. I think it just means that the person is stressed and needs to unload on a "safe" person.
walks up to people and tried to convert them to a religion? Brainwashed.
says blah? I mean, that's me, so ... depressed, tired, stressed, overwhelmed...

2731. Do you think this is a great line of poetry:
"Journey with me into the mind of a maniac. Doomed to be a killer since I came out the nutsac"
Why or why not? ExTREMEly derivative and not at all clever.

2732. Do you think that song lyrics are poems with music? Sometimes. Good poems can absolutely be wonderful musical compositions. And vice-versa.

2733. In cases of rape which do you think is more of a crime:
a stranger rapes a girl
OR
a girl's boyfriend rapes her? It doesn't matter the the victim, I'm sure. She was raped. She needs to see her attacker punished appropriately.

2734. Did you know that in the USA it is considered to be LESS of a crime if a rapist knows the victim (because it is 'less of a crime' the rapist gets a less severe punishment)?
Do you agree or disagree and why? I think this is ridiculous, obviously, but also I don't think that's true across the board in every state in the country.

2735. In the USA a few weeks ago a guy had beaten up and raped his girlfriend, for which he got 70 days of community service. He had been found guilty, got a year and a half of jail, BUT can you guess why his sentence was reduced to mere community service?
.
.
.
He had a steady job. That's right. He was found less guilty, because he had a long-term steady job.
How does this make you feel? I hate men. Specifically white men. Except for the vanishingly few I like.

2736. Does the character limit of notes or entries annoy you more? What? I don't tweet so it's a non-issue with me.

2737. Who's your favorite wrestler? One of the high school guys on the teams I was the trainer for in HS.

2738. Have you ever been trapped in an elevator? Nope. I do think about it fairly often though.

2739. What is more important, tact or honesty? Tactful honesty FTW.

2740. Do you have a mentor? Who? I have a bunch. I'm going with a (former) co-worker named Trudy who is a wonderful friend, too. I worry about her and her husband incessantly these days. They simply cannot get COVID.

2741. If you like guys:
would you rather have a 'bad' guy (motorcycles, smokes, drinks, etc) or a 'good' guy (family, domesticated, nice guy)? Good guy. Always. 
Would you rather have a virgin or a more experienced guy? These days, I would NOT want a virgin, even if I were hooking up, which I'm not.

If you like girls:
Would you rather have a virgin or a more experienced girl?
would you rather have a 'bad' girl (motorcycles, smokes, drinks, etc) or a 'good' girl (family, domesticated, nice girl)?

2742. Do you feel nervous in crowds? Huh. I do. Even more than I did before COVID. I just do not trust people not to be assholes as a unit.

2743. Did you write a real entry today? "Real entry" in a blog? Nope. I haven't done that for a very long time. I did a couple of Facebook posts though.
What about? One was a quote from Connie Willis.
Was it your best writing? Well, it wasn't my writing, mostly.  

2744. If you were making a 'best of' entry about your BEST entries ever what would be your top 5 best entries? One of my favorite all-time posts is a little eulogy I wrote about my dad about 15 years after he died.

2745. Do you like to play the lottery? I do not like burning money, no.

2746. Guess what? Nope.

2747. Why did you choose to live one more day? I had laundry to do. And court paperwork to file.

2748. What is the most beautiful myth you have ever read/heard? The only one that comes to mind that I enjoy is about the golden apples.

2749. Have you ever been stood up? Hell yeah. Pisses me off.

2750. Finish the following sentences any way you want.
It's always darkest before... you find hope.
Never underestimate the power of... the care you show others.
Don't bite the hand that... isn't trying to hurt you.
A miss is as good as ... not trying at all.
If you lie down with dogs, you... are a very lucky person, and I envy you.
Love all, trust... that they'll betray you at some point.
The pen is mightier than... the pencil.
An idle mind is... better than chasing squirrels through your mind.
Where there is smoke, there's... a new Pope.
Happy is the bride who... just fucking elopes and doesn't plan a huge fucking wedding.
Two is company, three's... a corporation.
None are so blind as... me without my glasses.
You get out of something what you... don't set fire to.
When the blind lead the blind... everyone ends up with concussions.
Laugh and the whole world laughs with you. Cry and... you feel guilty.

2751. What's the most interesting assignment you ever had in school? I rocked my Jack the Ripper term paper my junior year of high school, and then reconfigured it for British History in college.

2752. What's the most interesting thing you ever had to do for work? Every day at work is interesting. Some days a little too interesting, honestly. Holding up a drugged-up/drunk woman who was sliding sideways off a chair as we waited for EMS was interesting. She was crying and just totally a mess.

2753. Do you feel:
insignificant? Yes, but also no.
unable to evoke change? For real! Holy crap, today for sure!
like one person can't change the world? I know one person can't, but a bunch of one persons can, and do.
like one life and one person's suffering doesn't mean very much? Yup. Today has not been a great day.

If you answered yes to any of those can you describe why in detail?

2754. Do you feel like you could contribute as much to society as ____ has?
Albert Einstein: at least I'm as silly as he was, so yeah.
Abe Lincoln: I'd prefer not to go through what he went through the last 5 years of his life.
Franz Kafka: No thanks. He was a deeply unhappy man.
Jesus Christ: I try to emulate him, but I'm NOT interested in martyrdom.

2755. Are you aware that your brain is the same size as Albert Einstein's brain? My hair is, too.
Do you realize that you have the same number of hours in a day as Abraham Lincoln? Yeah, but no wife or servants, or staff.
Did you know that Franz Kafka wrote all of his amazing literature during his lunchbreaks at work? I didn't know that, but since I eat at my desk while working, that's unlikely in my case.
Did you know that we are all made of matter and that you are made of the Same Thing that Jesus was made of? Why are those words capitalized?? And yes, of course I'm aware of this.
Do you still believe that you couldn't contribute as much to society as they did? STEP OFF and stop putting words in my mouth.
If yes than WHY?

2756. Is your mind in the gutter? Not in a dirty, sexual way, but it's not doing great.

2757. What do you have to complain about? ha ha ha ha Don't we all have stuff to complain about? My shit is important to me because it's mine, but no worse than anyone else's shit.

2758. Do you remember rock n' roll radio? Yup.

2759. Is there such a thing as a food that you burn more calories from digesting than you actually absorb from it? Celery if you chew on it awhile.

2760. Hey, if you've gotten this far then you and me go way back. We've been hanging out for a while now and I gotta know...do you like me? Mostly, yes. Some of the questions are annoying, but I appreciate the fact that you stuck with creating new ones.

2761. What are you doing, Dave? Yes, Dave: do tell!

2762. As far as love goes do you feel it is better to become complete before looking for someone or find someone who completes you? If you want to be complete, you'll never find love. If you feel like you're complete, no one in their right mind would love you.

2763. What attracts you about the opposite sex (or same sex, or both sexes)? Sense of humor, a straight spine, and thick hair.

2764. Do you need people or do you not need anyone? I need people, but I really don't like them much. (today)

2765. Is selfishness always bad? No.
Is selflessness always good? Hell no.

2766. Do you feel like your life is being controlled by a power structure? My life IS controlled by things completely out of my control. That's why I'm headed to a 12-step meeting in 20 minutes, so I can remind myself how to deal with it.

2767. Can you name three things in society that send the message that being completely yourself and that looking inside yourself and contemplating what's within is a good thing? A good religious background/place, public libraries, reading books outside one's comfort zone.

2768. Can you name three things in society that send the message that materialism and the accumulation of stuff is a good thing? Government, advertising, social media.

2769. What is more important, a picture or its frame? I prefer the picture, but the right frame can totally make the picture really amazing.
What is more important, spirituality or religion? I hate this oppositional format. I don't like people telling me what to do and how to relate to God, but I think we need corporate bodies to effect change. Which is the mission of most religions.

2770. How many definitions can you come up with for the word 'fuck'? I wouldn't bother; I'd just get out OED.

2771. Is it less offensive when a black person says Ni**er than when a white person says it?
Why or why not? It's an offensive term. I'm not black, and I can't type it (and I occluded it in the question because it's nasty). But as a white woman, I'm not going to tell non-white people how to use language properly. 

2772. Do you rationalize often? All the fuckin time. I should get an award for rationalization and justification.

2773. Do you believe that America is an imperialist nation? It is

2774. Would you agree that:
Hot Topic is the new Abercrombie? lol
pink is the new black: I hope to hell not.
you are the new you? I mean...what does this even mean?

2775. Do you have more internet or real life friends? Who can tell in these days of COVID?

2776. What is the feeding of 5000? Tl;dr it's Jesus being handed 5 fish and 2 small loaves of bread and feeing 5000 people with it, with baskets-full leftover. Like most of Jesus' teachings, it's a metaphor. I don't want to go into it all, but it's really a story about how people can come together and do miraculous-seeming things.

2777. What's an easy way to make money? Depends on your definition of "easy", but theft, prostitution, grifting, and being born into it seem like popular options.

2778. What's your favorite slang word and what does it mean? Fuck. See question 2770. I like it because when I was a kid we literally got in trouble for saying "pee" or "jeez." I've been fighting early mind-control for decades.

2779. Are you uncomfortable? Physically, my feet are cold, but otherwise I'm ok. In the big picture, I'm fine. And y'all know what "fine" stands for, right?

2780. Is anything definite besides death and taxes? I mentioned betrayal earlier....

2781. Would you rather live fast and die young or live slow and die old? I'm definitely more of a slow person.

2782. Can you name 4 people who have committed crimes against humanity? Trump, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin.
How do you think they live with themselves? Well 3 of them are dead, so....

2783. If you could imagine, pure fantasy, any God you could conceive, how would you want God to be? I'd want him to enjoy the company of the creations on earth.

2784. do you think the Smashing Pumpkins have a strong Christian theme? I have no idea. Not my group. 

2785. Do you think this survey has a strong Christian theme? It does seem to come up regularly. I'm not fussed since I'm Christian, but I'm aware there's no deep Islamic or Bahai or Zen questions up to this point.

2786. Fill in the blank for yourself:
Give me ____ or give me death! sleep

2787. Have you ever heard of the USA Patriotism Act? I work in a library, and it directly affects our work, so yes.
Apparently they have passed laws making torture legal.
Also the FBI can sneak and peek into ANYONE'S home. They don't have to ask or even tell you they were there. This is already the law. So, whaddaya think? None of this is new in the last 10 years; it's just "legal" now.

2788. The people in power step all over the average citizen, trying to secure all the power and money for themselves and leave us with no rights and under their control. They have the audacity to do this because they know that we will not lift a finger to stop them. Are they right? Seems not.

2789. The Free State Project is a plan in which 20,000 or more liberty-oriented people will move to a single state of the U.S. to secure there a free society. They will accomplish this by first reforming state law, opting out of federal mandates, and finally negotiating directly with the federal government for appropriate political autonomy. They want to be a community of freedom-loving individuals and families, and want to create a shining example of liberty for the rest of the nation and the world. What's your opinion? Could this work? Why or why not? As long as they take Texas, I'm really just fine with the idea, since they're all going to end up killing each other eventually anyway. 

2790. Have you ever seen the Never Ending Story? Long-ass time ago, yes.
Remember when Bastian has to prove his worth by looking in that mirror where you see yourself the way you really are with no pretenses, rationalizations or mental lying? I do not remember this; I'll take your word for it.
Could you stand yourself if you looked into that mirror? Today I could not. I'm not feeling very awesome today because of some out-of-line behavior.

2791. What is soylent green? It's PEOPLE!!!

2792. What are you proud that you have never done? I haven't yet murdered anyone.

2793. What things are hopeless? Expecting people to change because of something you do or want. People change ONLY because THEY want to.

2794. What are people for? To paraphrase Edwin Starr, "absolutely nothin--say it again!"

2795. What book do you feel could change someone's life? Whatever book they read at just the exact right time.

2796. Didja ever want to just walk up to the Bush administration and ask them, 'What the fuck?' All the damn time, but less often than I want to walk up to the Trump administration and smack them upside the head while saying "Fuck right off!"

2797. How do you take your coffee? I take it to others who will appreciate drinking it. 

2798. Have you ever played:
paintball? Nope.
laser tag? Nope.
which is better? Laser tag seems less likely to cause bruising.

2799. In what ways are you lucky? I'm white in a society that values that. I'm educated and know how to think things through. I'm financially stable. I have lots of good friends, and family, none of whom are likely to die this week from COVID, probably. 

2800. If Jesse Jackson wants reparations to be given to black people because he thinks that black people don't have equal opportunities in this country than why does he drive a Jaguar? OK, this is one of those questions where I want to dropkick the author into Lake Michigan.

(finished 6:50 p.m. 1/12/21)

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.