Saturday, December 30, 2023

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
The Old Me (2020)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, the lead singer thanks his younger self for everything he learned from past experience. What's something you learned in 2023?
I'm getting better about keeping my-self to myself at work. And about feeling less guilty about not being the perfect person my parents/family expect(ed) of me.

2) He admits he did some things he wished he hadn't. Did you do anything in 2023 you wish you could take back?
Apparently I still manage to be quite terrifying when angry, so that, but on the other hand, I care SO . VERY . LITTLE anymore. All I care about at this point is keeping my job until I can fucking retire.

3) This music video consists of old photographs. Do you have many photos lingering on your phone or camera? Or are you prompt about downloading them? 
I have a ton of photos, mostly of Beast, that I really need to deal with. They've been hanging on my phone for years.

4) This week's featured artist is 5 Seconds of Summer, a band from Australia. Have you ever been to the land down under? If not, would you like to go?
I would LOVE to visit! But I think my days of extravagant travel are way over.

5) In 2020, when this song was popular, "murder hornets," aka the giant Asian hornet, were spotted for the first time in the United States. Are you afraid of bugs?
I'm not afraid of them, but I do not enjoy their presence. Then again, I'm in the midwestern US where there are no terrifying bugs around here to speak of. 

6) Enough about 2020! Let's look back on 2023. Did you travel this past year? 
I did not, unless you count a couple of nights I stayed over to spend time with Sparky.

7) What was the biggest purchase that you made in 2023?
Fucking furnace: $9000+

8) What was your favorite book of 2023?

9) What are you looking forward to most in 2024?
Sparky and I are traveling to Phoenix in February for a few days of sunshine (I hope) in the middle of death...er, winter.

3 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

I feel you on the furnace! We replaced ours in 2022 and it took 21 units 18 months of special assessments to pay for it. As soon as that special assessment ended, we began one for the roof. Sigh. Not fun. Not fun at all. But we need these things.

Cat. said...

Oh jeez, the roof....sigh, that's coming due

Diana_CT said...

#2 I know the feeling, I just can’t seem to get motivated, it seems like everything it “mañana” and “mañana.”
#4 Ditto, my health since COVID or as I like to say the “plague” has been down hill, I never had COVID but I hibernated for 3 years never leaving the house.
#5 Well put!
#7 Mine went 3 years ago.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.