Saturday, February 6, 2021

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll) 
Waiting for Tonight (1999) 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here

 1) In this song, Jennifer Lopez anticipates a night of unbridled passion with the love of her life. What are you waiting for tonight? (No pressure; it doesn't have to be as thrilling as hers.) 
Whew, well, I can't compete with that: I'm having a couple of Moscow Mules and then taking a bath and getting in bed. It's buh-luddy cold here and I plan to spend as much time as possible under blankets tomorrow.
 2) She sings that she's glad she's beyond those nights that found her tossing and turning alone in her bed. Did you enjoy restful sleep last night? 
I did. I slept 9 hours, according to my CPAP. I love my CBD gummies at bedtime.
 3) Whatever Jennifer has planned for tonight, it won't include alcohol. She never drinks liquor. What's the last adult beverage you enjoyed? 
Ahem, currently sipping a (very strong) MM as mentioned in the first answer.
 4) Ms. Lopez performed "Waiting for Tonight" during last year's Super Bowl halftime show. Will you be watching The Big Game this weekend? 
I'll probably tune in, if only for the ads. Definitely cheering for KC.
 5) Speaking of this weekend, The Weeknd will headline the Super Bowl 2021 halftime show. Are you a fan of his? 
I know nothing much about him, and only know one song which I can't even name right now. 
 6) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for guacamole consumption in the US. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it? 
Last week. Ahem. See below.
 7) Chicken wings are a popular Super Bowl dish, too. When did you most recently eat chicken? How was it prepared? 
I had a chicken burrito bowl from Chipotle last week. They accidently gave me ALL the sides, rather than the cheese and lettuce I requested. This includes guac. Fortunately, I like guac.
 8) This year, fast food chain Chipotle will run their first-ever Super Bowl ad. Do you pay closer attention to commercials during the Super Bowl? 
I definitely pay more attention to the ads than the game. And I'm a football fan, so I don't know what that says about me.
 9) Random question: Are you more likely to pretend to be more naive than you really are, or more sophisticated?
I don't pretend much anymore. Sometimes, though, it's just easier to let people explain something I already know about than tell them they're getting things wrong. 😎

4 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I don't argue anymore about much. It's pointless. Besides, in an alternate universe, which I believe in, they very well could be right.
Go CHIEFS!

Diana_CT said...

I never had ginger beer, is it like ginger ale?

The Gal Herself said...

Oh! I would love a Moscow Mule right now! Of course, I want someone to make it for me, right down to the chilled mug and the lime slice.

Cat. said...

Zip: I need to reach that point with people I care about. I never argue with strangers anymore.
Diana: a little "beerier" but not bad.
Gal: Oh, yeah, well, I'm drinking them out of pilsner glasses, so they're huge, not chilled, and definitely with lime juice

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.