Saturday, January 2, 2021

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll) 
Feels like the First Time (1977) 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here
Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2021! 

1) Look up from your screen. What's the first thing you see? 
My eyes naturally drift to the H-D Regulator clock on the wall next to the fireplace, straight ahead of me.
2) Looking back on 2020, what surprised you? 
People. They full of surprises, primarily negative ones. Based on my day at work today, it seems to be carrying over into the new year so far.
3) Have you made any resolutions for 2021? 
I don't make resolutions. Having said that, I'm trying to get back to posting a quote on Facebook every day, whatever strikes my fancy--sometimes serious, sometimes completely stupid.
4) In Italy, it's said that if you wear red underwear on New Year's Eve, you'll have good luck all year around. Do you have a lucky charm? 
It's not red underwear, I promise you that! I don't really have a lucky charm, but I do have some jewelry and a few articles of clothing that make me feel more confident in my skin somehow.
5) In Spain, some New Year's Eve revelers believe that, at the stroke of midnight, you should eat exactly 12 grapes, one at a time and one right after the other, to bring you luck for the next twelve months. Did you have anything special on your New Year's Eve menu? 
We normally have fondue for dinner, but since I was here alone I wasn't going to do all that prep for me. Grapes at midnight sounds like a good idea, though!
6) In this week's featured song, Foreigner lead singer Lou Gramm lets us know that he'd sail across a stormy sea to reach his true love. How is the weather where you are today? Are you kicking off 2021 under calm skies, or is it stormy? 
Overcast and gloomy (and now, dark) but not terribly cold and no precipitation.
7) In the 1990s, Gramm joined forces with Billy Joel in a series of concerts to preserve the Montauk Point Lighthouse. Do you have a favorite Billy Joel song?
My absolute favorite pop song is "I've Loved These Days." It's been a constant reminder not to take the good stuff for granted from the first time I heard in when I was a ?preteen? I think.
8) In 1977, when this song was popular, Star Wars was breaking all box office records. The Spy Who Loved Me, a James Bond movie, was also a hit. If you were going to binge on one of these film series, would you choose Star Wars or Bond? 
I've seen all the SW movies--and never want to see them again-- and I have no interest whatsoever in Bond. I'll just read a book instead, thanks.
9) Random question: Would you rather have nothing but green lights for all of 2021, or never have to stand in line for anything all year?
I hate standing in lines! So much. Red lights don't bother me--most of the time I don't really want to be where I'm headed in all the much of a hurry. 

5 sweet-talkers :

Stacy said...

Fondue sounds heavenly. I have never made it and it's never been a thing in my family, but I've loved it at other people's homes. Here's hoping we can all get back to our traditions next year!

The Gal Herself said...

Welcome back to Sat 9! I never heard that Billy Joel song, thanks for sharing. It's such a nice choice to kick off a new (and hopefully better) year.

Diana_CT said...

I haven't had fondue in ages, maybe I'll clean off the fondue pot and make some.
Back when the Bond and Star Wars movies first came out I was a fan, but now they are just cookie cutter movies... I am with you on reading or listening to a book.

Cat. said...

Stacy, I hope you are right!
Gal, I have MISSED YOU!
Diana, I have only seen two movies this year, both because my kid "made me" watch them. Neither were that memorable, though the latter one made Sparky cry at the end.

Kwizgiver said...

That's another great Billy Joel song.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.