Sunday, August 18, 2019

The atomic number of nickel

Hi, all. Been awhile.
Have developed terrible time-wasting habits.
Hoping getting back to this one keeps me from navel-gazing to the point of desperation.


(Found here)

2601. Do you think cell phones cause cancer? Seems to be more and more likely. Doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from using them, though.
Are cell phone users more likely to get into car accidents? If they are driving while using their cell phones, then probably.
Do cell phones really interfere with a plane's navigation equipment? I find that doubtful, but I'm not interested in making it my life's purpose to find out.
Are cell phones immune from computer viruses? No, of course not.
Can using a cell phone at a gas station spark a fire? Probably.

2602. What makes a guy see a chick as less of a cute little girl and more of a woman? If a MAN refers to a WOMAN as a "chick" then he is not seeing her as a woman, or even a human being.

2603. What is it about football that makes people want to watch it? Presuming you mean American football, I like the physicality of it and the strategy.

2604. What is the best show on TV? The only show I watch on TV nowadays is LivePD, so let's go with that.

2605. Are you more of a tape dispenser or a stereo speaker and why? Good heavens, what a weird dichotomy! Probably tape dispenser.

2606. What do you think is overrated? Today? Almost everything.
What is underrated? Kindness.

2607. Can spiders ump? I don't think they follow baseball.
Did you interpret that as 'jump' or 'hump or 'bump' or other? I, ridiculously, took it as written.

2608. What's the matter with adults today? So many of them behave like children.

2609. Have you ever worked 'off the books'? Of course I have.

2610. Have you ever worked 9-5? Not often.
If not do you think you ever will? Not likely.

2611. Do men or woman make better bosses? This has absolutely to do with gender. Nothing.

2612. Do you believe that people should more move up through a company or that the higher up positions should be filled by people hired from outseide the company? Completely dependent on a large number of variables.

2613. Why is it that no one seems to care about their job? You aren't hanging around with the right people, obviously. I care (too much) about my job!

2614. When I go into a store, why doesn't anyone know anything about what they are selling? Because they're tired, overworked, dealing with incredibly rude customers a lot of the time, and no buy-in to the company's goals.

2615. Have you ever seen those people that get that blank, lost expression when they go into a store and kinda shuffle along like zombies? "Baa baa baa-baa."
Do you wonder how they got up, dressed themselves, and made it to the store in the first place? Life is hard, and I'm sure there are better things to think about than how to do the repetitive, boring parts of their lives.

2616. When did you/will you graduate college? 33 years ago.

2617. When will Eminem stop whineing about his bad childhood and move on?? As soon as that stuff stops earning him a paycheck.

2618. I am drug free. Are you drug free? I take ~10 pills a day of various sorts. So no.

2619. I have piercings and am getting tattoos. Do you have either? My ears are pierced.

2620. Can you REALLY say that your way is the right way? Nope. I try super-hard not to tell people how to do things. I show them how I do them and then I give them time to figure out what works for them. (And I bite my tongue a lot)
Maybe there is a different way for everyone? Yup, probably.

2621. What do you think of the song 'Imagine'? I think John Lennon was a dreamer, and I like the a lot of the dreams he published. But he was a mess of a man at times.

2622. Can you think of any reason I might have written this, other than I am bored with too much time on my hands? I honestly can't think of any other reason.

2623. What is the purpose of art? It keeps us from killing each other, at best.
How about movies? Oh, same thing, I expect.
Music? And also this.

2624. Do you think that anything has lost it's value because it's become too 'commercial'? What? Lots of things. National Parks come to mind. Sugar. Weddings. The list is really endless.

2625. Have you ever been promoted? Multiple times.
Fired? Once.

2626. What do you call your private area? Does it have a nickname? I call it lots of things. I'm not sharing them here.

2627. What parts of your body are shaved? Wow, the nerve you have! Fortunately, right now, I can honestly say that as of this moment, no part of my body has seen a razor in the last several weeks.

2628. What is a peachclam? Absolutely no clue, and it sounds revolting.

2629. What is the American dream? Being able to do whatever your dream is, make money and have a decent life with out being beholden to anyone.
Is it the same as your dream? Less money, less "success", more joy.

2630. Do you need to be right all the time? I like being right, but I am very comfortable being wrong. It happens often.

2631. There was a sculpture that was supposed to be displayed for a week in the Rockafeller Rockefeller Center in NYC of a falling woman - designed as a memorial to those who jumped or fell to their death from the World Trade Center. It was complained about as grotesque, innopropriate inappropriate and describe as 'not art'
What do you think? I distrust very strongly anyone using the phrase "not art."
It was taken down early because it was seen as 'offensive'. What do you think about that? Ridiculous.
The artist, Fischl, said in a statement. "It was a sincere expression of deepest sympathy for the vulnerability of the human condition. Both specifically towards the victims of Sept. 11 and towards humanity in general."
Are people just too sensative sensitive? Or maybe people are NOT sensative sensitive ENOUGH to the idea that others may have different views from them (or from the majority)? Everyone needs to be AWARE of others, but we also need to allow that our emotional reaction may be different from the artist's.
She Should these different, opposing or offensive views be allowed to be expressed freely and openly? Why or why not? Freedom of expression, baby.

2632. What letter's sound do you like the best? Hmmmm.... I've never really thought about this. I like the fricatives: K, T, etc.

2633. What is one movie charater character you identify with and why? ...so many.

2634. Do you act the same when you are alone as you do when people are watching? Pretty much. Perhaps I scratch less in public. ;)

2635. Why is everyone so obssessed with superheros superheroes? I have NO idea. Please someone explain it to me!!

2636. What cliches do you hear over-used the most? Almost all of them.

2637. Do you handle inconvieniences well? Better every day.

2638. Are you a fan of Jackie Chan? I don't hate him, but I don't think much about him either.

2639. Is a promise a big deal? YES! But actual follow-through is critical.

2640. What is your place in the universe? Right about here.

2641. Once some scientists dug up a woolly mamoth mammoth, frozen in ice. It was still completely whole, not rotted or fosilized fossilized. The scientists decided to have a dinner party. It was a very posh affair. they served roast woolly mamoth mammoth steaks, the rarest meat in all the world. So, if you were invited, would you have eaten it? That'd be a total nope.

2642. What are 3 things you DON'T want to know? When I'm going to die. When Beast is going to die. When Sparky is going to die.

2643. It seems to me that a lot of people don't value their lives, or life in general very highly. Why do you suppose that is? We don't think we pay attention to each other the way we used to when we literally were on top of each other all the time. So it's easier to ignore each others' pain.
Are you like that? I try not to be, but it's very easy to slide into disconnection.

2644. Do you celebrate the harvest moon? Not so much.

2645. Do you believe in out of body experiances experiences? I do, indeed.

2646. Why does so much depend
upon a red wheel barrel
glazed with rain water
beside the white chickens? Whatever the hell ever.......

2647. Why do so many people get jobs that they dislike? Inertia. Fear of jumping into something new without guarantees.

2648. Do you think that in THIS world, being creative is a handicap? Only if you let it be.
Why or why not? That's glib, but basically people need to do their thing without other people deciding their work is "worthwhile."

2649. Do you ever get chills or shivers during movies? What movies? I'm entirely too emotional in movies all around.

2650. Do you believe in the collective unconsiouss (that people are like onions..the outer layers are individualistic and the deeper you go the more similar we all are)? I think it's exactly the opposite. I've never actually heard this theory anyway.

2651. Do you think that most people have the qualities you look for in friends/intimate relationships or do you feel alienated? Those things aren't opposites. The last two years have forced me to evaluate people very closely. Not everyone has come out smelling particularly well.

2652. Are you very critical:
of others? Not really.
of yourself? Very.

2653. Is there such a thing as expecting too much? Have you met my mother?

2654. Would you rather take an hour lunch break or skip lunch and get out of work early? I skip lunch and stay late too often.

2655. Do you believe that happiness is equal to
fakeness? Absolutely not.
shallowness? NO!
joy? Not necessarily.
something good that happens? Sometimes.
an attitude you have inside no matter what happens? Not ... exactly.

2656. Can you control your emotions? Sometimes.
Have you ever tried? I've rather given up on trying.

2657. Imagine you are 34 weeks pregnant. You are healthy and you didn't have any major problems in your pregnancy.
Would you consider flying from the UK to Germany, which takes one hour, whithout a bad feeling that something could go wrong or the baby decides to come out earlier? "Come out..." oy. OK, so I'd've had to fly to the UK to start with, so another hour on a plane is hardly something I'm going to worry about. For a number of reasons.

2658. How long do you think it would take you to jog a mile? Me? Probably a couple of hours. :)

2659. Word assciation association:
Twilight: Fucking Stephenie Meyer
Garden: Eden
Warm: Cold
Stars: Night
Crash: Traffic
Mold: Ahh-CHOO!
Gold: Medal
Green: ...screen
Lush: Verdant

2660. Picture a triangle:
Quick! What color is it? Pink

Picture a square.
Quick! What color is it? Just black lines on a white background

Picture a circle.
Quick! What color is it? Blue

Why do you think you saw these shapes as these colors? I have no idea.
Well, the pink triangle is because of Germany, c. 1939-1945.

2661. What things are endless? Time. Love. Physics. God.

2662. Are you ever subtle? Heh. More than people suspect.

2663. Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood...some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't conceive of your life without it?
How many more times will you watch the full moon rise?
How can you fully appreciate these moments, every moment, when it all seems limitless? ~Paul Bowles (excerpt from The Sheltering Sky) How depressing. Thanks for that.

2664. Do you never have an ordinary day? I rarely would consider any of my days "ordinary."

2665. Do you embrace every single thing you've never known? WTF--stop being obtuse.

2666. Has anyone ever mistaken you for a Satanist? Not that I'm aware of.

2667. Can stress sometimes be good? Yes. Actually, stress is neutral; it just is. Pressure causes things, though.
,
2668. Write something random, just whatever flows out of your head without thinking. Forget punctuation just try to type as fast as you think: I can't properly do this right now; I'm watching an episode of Midsomer Murders while I answer these questions, so free writing is just not a thing I want to do now.

2669. Are you a musical snob? HELL no.
How about a film snob? Less than the above.

2670. When you were in school did you learn to think or repeat? Both. Well, school was a lot of repetition. Home was thinky...

2671. Do you have everything you need to be happy? Yup.
If not, what is missing? It's all about what's inside me.

2672. Would you take a very casualy casually dropped 'maybe I should just kill myself' as a warning ssign? Yes. Have done.

2673. What does the word 'ironic' mean? Can you give an exaple example of an ironic situation? The way I look to most people v. the reality of my life.

2674. What did you see today that was beautiful in an ordinary way? Nurses taking care of crazy patients with joy and caring.

2675. Have you ever been on the edge of the night? Oh brother....

2676. Do you feel oppressed in some way? Always.

2677. Who do you think shot JFK? L.H. Oswald.
Who do you think shot Martin Luthar King? J.E. Ray
Why do you think they got shot? Fear and hate.

2679. Are you aware that although only about 14 percent of the American total population is black, that about 70 percent of the people in jail in America are black? I am very very aware of this.
Why do you think that is? Oh, I dunno. Definitely NOT racism though. /sarcasm
What conclusion can you draw based on this? We are a wholly racist society.

2678. Do you think that the culture you live in is completely open to all ideas and forms of expression? I used to. Not anymore. The only (good?) thing to come out of 45's Reign of Stupid is uncovering this for whi-peepo to see.

2680. What do you think of the character (muppet) on Sesame Street that has aids AIDS and should this kind of a theme be explored in children's television? That people get sick and sometimes die? Why in hell not? It's part of life.

2681. Are you dyslexic? Not usually.

2682, Can you construct a bong out of:
household objects? I can't.
an apple? I can't.
your cat? I can't, although primarily because I don't have a cat.

2683. Starwars Star Wars, Star Trek or Star Gate? I am, by far and away, MUCH more into Trek than any other version of the future.

2684. Windows or Mac? Windows (and Android).

2685. Do you start conversations or wait for other people to start them? I guess, more often than not, I start them.

2686. How many phallac phallic symbols can you think of? Dozens. Not going to list them all. Freud was a quack. :)

2687. Would you buty tickets to see the top ten American Idols sing live? Absolutely not.

2688. A bird may love a fish...but where would they live? Separately.

2689. Are you a hologram or a misfit? Yes.

2690. How are you oriented sexually? West.
Do you agree with the people who say that everyone is bi-sexual even if they don't want to admit it? I'm not going to argue; I try not to argue with absolutists, regardless of my personal beliefs.

2691. If you are the only human on the Planet of the Apes do you have sex with an ape? I mean....sigh, if they're entertaining and fun to be around, I guess I wouldn't rule it out.

2692. If you aare making out with someone and you reach down and find they have a fish tail instead of legs do you still fool around with them? Believe me, I would have noticed this well before the making-out commenced.

2693. Does Superman wear kryptonite condoms? I haven't gotten that personal with him, so I don't know.

2694. Do you know exactly where you are? More or less.
Do you know the meaning of it all? More or less.
Do you know the distance to the sun? More or less.
Do you know the echo that is love? You're on crack.

26945. Do you believe you are:
Extraordinary? I am extraordinary.
Blessed? ...or maybe cursed.
Cursed? Oops.
Won? What? OK, moving on...

26956. What are you doing this weekend? I worked yesterday, so today was my "weekend" and I'm about ready to hit the sheets because I'm so very tired.

26967. Do you believe that black people should get money to make up for their previous enslavement? I have no opinion on this topic. I'm also not opposed to it on principle.
Do you believe that all oppressed people should get money to make up for their oppression? See above. I would point out that this is an interesting idea if you consider women to be oppressed.

26978. What's a quagmire? A bog. A mess. A tangle. Something holding you in place.

26989. Is philosophy a science or can everyone have their own philosophy? Philosophy is not science.

26992700. Are you a big fish in a small pond? I'm a just-right fish in a small-ish pond.

27001. Would you like to read an entire novel written in stream of consiousness consciousness form? Yuck. No.


So, this took longer than 2 episodes of Midsomer Murders. P'raps that is why I stopped. I can't promise I'll be back with all the weekly memes but I'm going to try a few at least.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.