Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thursday Thirteen

(Link in meme-roll)
(I haven't done this meme for over a year! Shame on me!)
Things on the Staycation To-Do List
I called Sparky in full-panic, bring-the-tears mode this morning. His very sensible advice: make a list of EVERYTHING that needs doing (my reply, "but that's going to be a Very Long List" and he said to do it anyway. He's a smart kid.) Once I pulled myself together and he knew I wasn't going to jump off a roof (mostly just kidding--seems painful), we hung up and I got started. The list is one full side of lined notebook paper. I fully expect it to grow* before it shrinks measurably. Some of the things that I bet aren't on most people's late winter list are below.
  1. Make appointment with attorney to meet with Sparky and me about my will and PoA stuff.
  2. Fix banister Beast broke when he fell in September.
  3. Cancel SiriusXM.
  4. Call and order CPAP supplies for myself.
  5. Figure out how to submit paperwork to County electronically (find said pwk, too).
  6. Fix light switch in laundry room (there's a short whenever I turn it on).
  7. Empty Beast's closet in our bedroom and organize All The Stuff.
  8. Fix mailbox.
  9. Shred Beast's credit cards.
  10. Re-do cell phone plan (remove Beast's bro, decide about keeping Beast's number, get Sparky a new functional iPhone--I hate iPhones, btw--and get the account information updated).
  11. Get rid of extra car in garage that hasn't been driven since before I did this meme the last time.  smh
  12. Call social work person at Beast's facility with questions about Medicaid form.
  13. FIND BEAST'S BLOODY WEDDING RING AND CROSS/CHAIN! (I had them at the hospital in September--haven't seen them since and have searched high and low around the house since)
* In fact, while I was typing this up, I filled up the top page and moved on to Page 2. Thirty-one total items. Some of them are 10-minute easy-peasy things. Some of them are potentially weeks-long projects. It feels like there are more of the latter than the former.



4 sweet-talkers :

colleen said...

It seems that the more time I have the more I don't do these things! I do make the lists though. Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

You'll definitely have to 'stay' around to get these things done. Be sure to include at least ~some~ 'cation' stuff, too, okay?

Alice Audrey said...

I'm doing a bit of searching and lifting here, too. But not part of a staycation.

CountryDew said...

I was just telling my husband the other day we needed to pull out our wills and see if they need updating. Welcome back to Thursday 13; I hope you found it a helpful exercise to put those items on your blog.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.