Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sunday Stealing x2

(Link in meme-roll)
Tea and Q&A

1. What is your middle name and what is a middle name you'd rather have instead? Why?
My middle name is biblical. It's fine, old-fashioned (obviously) but not horrible or weird. It's a little hard to say with my first name--too many repetitive sounds. The only name I'd change it for is my mom's middle name, which was Josephine.
2. How would you spend $1MM (you have to spend every penny!)
I'd pay off the mortgage. I'd pay Beast's bill at the nursing home for the next few years. I'd buy Sparky and me new cars. And I'd hire someone to come over EVERY DAMN DAY to help me sort through the shit in my house.
3. Yellow light - speed up or slow down??
I usually slow down. This is the only thing I got dinged on in my one-and-only road test; I sped up on a "stale green light."
4. What was the last movie you saw and what did you like/dislike about it?
The last movie I saw was the latest Star Wars thing. I'd like to go see Black Panther in the theater one of these days, soon.
5. If a movie was made about you, who would portray you in that movie?
I'd love Sandra Bullock to portray me. But Julia Roberts ' laugh is closer to mine.
6. What is the strangest thing you've eaten and what did it taste like?
There are some things I ate in foreign countries that I didn't inquire all that deeply about.
7. What color is your bathroom?
Builder white. At least the master bath is. The others have been painted; the other full bath is pale yellow, I think, and the powder room is pale green.
8. If you could vacation anywhere in the world RIGHT NOW, where would it be and why?
Somewhere warm. Greece? The Caribbean? I'm not all that fussy.
9. What is your least favorite thing to cook?
Anything complicated and fussy.
10. What is the dish you make that your family rolls their eyes at?
I have an absolutely AWFUL time with chicken; it virtually never gets cooked through the first time out of the oven.
11. What are three things on your bucket list?
I don't have a bucket list. I'd like to travel across the whole US in an RV, and I'd like to live in England for an extended period of time, and I'd like to have grandchildren someday.
12. How many skeins of yarn do you think you are currently hoarding?
Good yarn? None. I probably have about 3 skeins of dirt-cheap yarn around somewhere though.
13. Today is my birthday. What virtual gift are you going to give me?
The gift of my absence.
14. What is your favorite candy?
Twizzlers, Smarties, Skittles....not so much chocolate.
15. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
I love early mornings on days I don't have a shit-ton of work to do.
16. If you could call in sick for a day, what would you do with the time?
Sleep. Fill out forms. Visit Beast. Catch up.
17. How much did your last crafting run cost you?
Less than $15. My "crafting" is embroidery, so I just got a couple of floss packs.
18. Can you play a musical instrument and if so, which one?
I can figure out the tune on a piano with sheet music. I used to be able to play flute. And I play bells at church once in awhile.
19. What is your least favorite craft that you still do? Why?
If I'm not enjoying it, why the hell would I do it?
20. If you could have any job for just one day, what would it be and what would you do?
I'd love to be Queen of the World for one day and fire about 80% of the politicians in the world.

From Smellyann

1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel.
I find it hard to look in people's eyes, period. It's just disturbing, unless I know you really really well, and I'm struggling to hear your voice.
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
I almost drove off the road in October when my sister said ... some things. I briefly lost my vision at 70 mph I was so gobsmacked. And yes, I'm still fucking pissed off at her.
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make one phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
I'm calling Sparky. Beast no longer has access to a phone he can answer. And I'd apologize for dumping everything onto Sparky, still in a state of flux and confusion.
4. You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
I would tell Sparky. I would probably tell my boss. And perhaps a couple of other people. And I'd bust my ass to get All The Things done so Sparky can figure it out without me.
5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
Trust, because it's hard when you've gotten screwed to trust again.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you that if you are late just one more time you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dog’s life? Why? Why not?
I'm saving the dog's life. Fuck my boss if he can't figure out priorities like this. HOWEVER: I would never get to the point of being on that thin of a line at work, either. Responsibility is important.
7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
Well, I've been destroyed by both. I think I'd rather have broken trust overall, but it's a pretty tight race and I'd rather not do either.
8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) say?
"Forget it. I'm a mess right now and in no position to deal with more bullshit. Back off!" and then I'd disentangle myself from them because they aren't a good friend if they're fucking me up right now with this.
9. Think of the last person you know who died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour more of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why? Or Why not?
Nope. Because I deserve my time and the person I'm thinking off is probably better off now.
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
Maybe. I hope so. I try, but often fail, to be the friend I'd want to have.
11. Does love = sex?
Not usually.
12. Your boss tells your co-worker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your co-worker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not.
Nope. I too have a family to support and no other means of income.
13. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? What did you have to tell the person?
I don't pussy-foot around anymore. I tell people the truth, at least as much of it as I think they can deal with. I had to have the discussion with Beast today about why I'm not bringing him home. This comes up at least weekly. He was really angry and frustrated with me when I left tonight. My brother-in-law last week asked me quietly if he should hide any empty booze containers he found so Sparky wouldn't see them; no, there'll be none of that in this house! Never, ever again!
14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite/same sex – you love them or that you do not love them back.
It's hard to tell someone that my feelings don't seem to be the same level of intensity as theirs, whichever direction. I find it shatteringly hard to say, "I don't really like you 'that way', sorry." But it's also painful to bust out with an "I Love You" and get slammed, but I guess I'd still rather do that. Most people are nice and don't make it into a worse situation than it absolutely has to be.

1 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Trust and Love are not something that you can live without, one of the other. Relationships need both, and I think your answers and the other blogs got that pretty well.
I would also fire about 20% of the politicians in the world but I'd also put it out there just what they do in private that is breaking the laws, either God's or man's. That way they wouldn't be able to just sneak back into office the next day!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.