Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
End of Year Questions

1. What did you do last year that you had not done before?
Made hard decisions I never wanted to have to make. Rinse, and repeat.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year? What are they? What are your new ones?
I don't do resolutions. Pointless.I just break them.
3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or become pregnant? Or adopt?
Hmm, no babies in the family this year. I don't think anyone is pregnant, but it's possible that Jesse and Anna will get started this year. If, indeed, this is on the plan for them.
4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness/injury?
Lots of death and injury in 2017. It was actually a very bad year for this in virtually every way.
5. What places have you visited?
I went to a State Park for a weekend in March on my own. It was great. That was the entirety of my vacation time last year.
6. Any new pets? Lost a pet?
Pinto has been living with a friend since September. I'm in no hurry to start dealing with him again, so it's all good right now.
7. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing i.e. love, job security, peace of mind...)?
I'd like Beast back home, and functional, and not drinking. I'm not sure how likely any of this is.
8. What date from last year will remain etched in your memory and why?
September 15, when Beast went ass over teakettle down the stairs and nearly bled out while I was at work.
9. What was your biggest achievement last year?
Not losing my shit. Pretty much at all.
10. Did you get sick or injured?
I'm not in good shape, but the worst was the cold thing here at the end of the year into 2018.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I guess...? Medical care.
12. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, medical care, basic clothing, transportation and shelter)?
Bank. And gas for travelling to hospitals.
13. What song will always remind you of last year? Doesn't have to be a song released last year.
I can't think of any songs. It's been a seriously weird year.
14. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Traveling.
15. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Worrying.
16. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to? Any recommendations?
I've gone back to M*A*S*H lately. I can't think of any movies except The Last Jedi, and I'm struggling to think of any songs. Well, OK, Sparky introduced me to a band called Ninja Sex Party which is surprisingly good as a cover band. Otherwise, I'm still watching Criminal Minds. The New Big Thing in my life is podcasts; I've gotten seriously addicted to them in the last few months. I'm listening to the "Lenny Dykstra" episode of The Dollop right now. What a disaster--how did I not know about this guy's latter years??
17. What was the best book you read this year? How many did you read?
I read 100ish books. I enjoyed the Michael Ridpath Iceland-set series (4 books) I read. Also, I picked up the Darynda Jones Grim Reaper books which I'm still working on; book 6 is on my desk at work to check out Monday. Here's my reading list.
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently?
I visited Beast at his third hospital after the fall, stopped at Olive Garden and brought home a bunch of food. Big deal.
19. What political or social issue stirred you the most?
"Stirred"? I'm fucking pissed off as hell about Trump et al.
20. Who was the most interesting new person you met?
There have been some super-fabulous medical care people I met this year. People in terms of deep knowledge? I don't know of anyone.
21. Describe how a relationship changed.
I'm 4 days away from being legally named my husband's guardian. Basically, I'm his mom now.
22. Do you think you are still the same person that you were at the beginning of the year? How so?
Maybe a more emotionally stripped-down version. And about 30 lbs. heavier. So yeah, somewhere in here is the old Cat. trying like hell to keep herself sane.
23. Summarize the year in three words or less. Bonus points for doing it in one word. Explain.
Hell.
24. How have people around you changed?
I don't think the have. I see them MUCH more clearly than I did six months ago.
25. What have you learned throughout the year? (Other than crafts)
Let people help. Take their offers. Be kind. Breathe. Find something to distract yourself from life.
26. Did you learn any new crafts or techniques? What was your favorite thing you made?
Hah! I haven't made anything this year except the bed and lists.
27. What changed about your physical appearance? (Hair? Wrinkles? New makeup style? Etc.)
As I think I mentioned, I haven't had a haircut since August. I'm fortunate enough to have "good hair" and access to piles of hair bands and barrettes. Whee. I still don't wear makeup, except chapstick.
28. What are your hopes and dreams for the new year? (Some suggestions-family, travel, work, lifestyle, hobbies, pets, appearance)
‣Beast home, or someplace good permanently
‣Trip to someplace quiet with friends (or the right family members)
‣Dog hugs. Sparky keeps saying he's getting a dog, so maybe hugs from a grand-dog?
‣Get my finances figured out
‣Get work stuff back on track
‣Get back to church regularly

2 sweet-talkers :

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Wow. 😐.....
I offer you very big cypher hugs, I will say that 25 is advice I’ll take, and that 26 are the only things I’ve made this year.. Also, I hope you get all things mentioned in 28. And lots of Peace.

Bev Sykes said...

So sorry for your bad year. I hope 2018 brings some happier times.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.