Saturday, January 6, 2018

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm (2006)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Bette Midler sings about the storm that's raging outside. How's the weather where you are today?
Bright blue, sunny skies, but brutally cold. OK, it's warmer than it was earlier this week, but it's still bloody cold!
2) She mentions her gloves. Tell us about your favorite pair of gloves or mittens.
I have glittens--the things that flip the mitten part back so you can use your fingers.
3) Does your home have a fireplace to keep you warm?
We have a fireplace. I even used it this week...and set my bangs on fire because I forgot the whole damper thing. Dumbass.
4) Bette's father, Fred, supported his family as a house painter. Have you ever held a job that kept you outdoors a great deal of the time?
No, thank God!
5) Her mother, Ruth, was a talented seamstress. How about you? Can you sew on a button? Raise a hem? Darn a hole?
I can do all of those things. I haven't darned in a really long time, but I regularly sew buttons and repair things, apply patches, etc.
6) 2017 was a big year for Bette. At the age of 72, she opened on Broadway in the revival of Hello, Dolly! and won a Tony. As we kick off 2018, what would you like to accomplish this year?
Financial clued-in-ness. I'm not stupid, but I feel completely at sea.
7) Bette and her husband Martin have been married for nearly 34 years. Their wedding was officiated by an Elvis impersonator. Are you looking forward to any weddings in 2018?
I don't think so. Well, I mean Prince Harry's getting married, but... {lol}
8) Bette and Martin are very proud of their daughter, Sophie, now 30, who graduated from Yale in 2008. Do you expect to attend any graduation ceremonies in 2018?
I don't think so. The only people I know that are likely to graduate in anything are in master's degree programs or certification programs which don't always lend themselves to giant parties somehow.
9) Random question: Yesterday, who did you spend the most time with?
I was at work 9 hours yesterday, no break for lunch, mostly at my desk in the workroom. After work I came home. The vast majority of my time I spent in my head (as usual) listening to various podcasts. I spoke at length to a couple of people, but mostly kept myself to myself and got on with my job.

4 sweet-talkers :

CountryDew said...

I hope you were able to quickly put out the fire in your hair! Egads.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

What CountryDew said. I hope you didn't get blisters on your forehead. gah!
And yes, head down and nose to the grind stone jobs are the things that put food on the table and pay the rent. Love those sort of gloves, too.
and...Hang in there Cat! Many Hugs from here for that seriously frigid weather!

Kwizgiver said...

I could use some financial clued-in-ness, too.

The Gal Herself said...

I'm going to Harry and Meghan's wedding, too! I plan on being glued to my TV for every minutes of it.

I didn't know those were called "glittens." Thanks for expanding my vocabulary.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.