Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Happy Holidays! (from the archives)

1. [...] Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
I only remember visiting Santa one time. I'm sure I was shy and terrified about it, but it was the first year the Big Mall opened, so it was a Big Deal.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
Everyone thinks I'm on the Nice list. I guess I am, but I'm sure making some questionable decisions on the daily. Oh well. Doing what I can, I guess.
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
I send my usual packets of Christmas ornaments to the great-nieces and -nephews, including the two sets that go to England.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
I did. I bought myself a shirt (I think?) with all the other presents, and a new winter coat today.
5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?
I'm not at all into this tradition. I haven't seen any Christmas shows this year (movies or TV shows), nor have I heard much music except at church. I'm ok with that--this year wasn't one I want to remember or have stand out (more than it's going to).
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
Yes. I was going to do so again this year, but Sparky and I went on Xmas Eve to see the latest Star Wars movie. Maybe I'll go see something this weekend too, maybe the Hugh Jackman movie. I'm dealing with the beginning of a cold today, so we'll see how I feel over the weekend about going out in Arctic temperatures.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
I embarrass myself on a pretty regular basis at parties, mostly without having even a whiff of alcohol. And I haven't been to a proper Christmas party in years.
8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
Hot black tea, preferably Earl Grey or English Breakfast.
9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
This is last year's swag. It's currently stacked pretty much in this same order on the dining room table, where it's been sitting for 12 months. Does that explain my life this year? Pretty much.

This year, most of my gifts were food from friends, one shirt and a Not-Yet-Published book from Sparky, and yeah, that's about it.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.