Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Seasons
You know how I always go to food, music, or film when I can’t think of good, original questions? Check out questions 1 through 3! 🙂 But you know, I’m pretty sure you haven’t seen #4 anywhere!
  1. What foods are most representative of each of the four seasons?
    Winter: Chili. Spring: Salad. Summer: All kinds of fresh fruit. Fall: All kinds of fresh veggies (especially corn on the cob).
  2. What are good songs to represent each of the four seasons?
    I'ma cheat and say James Taylor's "You've Got a Friend" since it mentions all four seasons. 😜
  3. What would be good films to represent each of the four seasons?
    Building on the last answer, let's go with this one, which I saw with my parents when it first arrived in theaters. I was 17. It's about 4 couples of old friends. What a weird movie to see at that age with my parents.
  4. If you could divide the calendar year into four seasons some other way with some other theme besides weather or major professional sports, where would each seasons begin and end, and what would each be called?
    Wow, great question. I can't imagine dividing things differently because of the whole sunlight thing in winter, but I guess I would put the worst part of the weather BEFORE the equinoxes and solstices so once you hit the Big Day, that's when things change. As for names, I'm not very creative today: How about Warm, Hot, Brisk, and Cold? But this won't work unless you live in a place with four seasons.
  5. What’s something in your area that’s extra fun in the winter?
    Snuggling under blankets in bed. It's lovely being warm with a slightly chilly (or frozen solid) nose and ears, especially if you don't have to get up anytime soon.

2 sweet-talkers :

onebadscrivener said...

I love Alan Alda but have never seen that film. Do you remember it being very good?

Cat. said...

I liked it all right despite much of it being way over my head. The music is great.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.