Sunday, December 17, 2017

Saturday 9 x2

(Link in meme-roll)
My Church (2016)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a woman who loves singing along with her car radio. Is that something you enjoy?
Uh, yeah. I'm kind of scary, actually.
2) The video begins with Maren Morris finishing her cigarette before getting behind the wheel. Do you allow smoking in your car?
I'm not sure I know anyone who smokes. Generally, though, no. No smoking in my car.
3) In this song, Maren admits she's lied. What's the last fib you told?
"I'm fine."
4) She mentions having her radio on the FM dial. Are you loyal to a single radio station? Or do you spin the dial?
I'm a spinner, and for at least the end of this cycle, I have access to Sirius XM. More channels; still nothing to listen to.
5) Maren was inspired to write this song while on a long car trip from Nashville to Los Angeles. When do you get your best ideas? (In the shower, behind the wheel, over lunch with friends ...)
When I'm asleep, I guess. Assuming I get good sleep, everything looks more do-able in the morning.
6) She performed this song on Saturday Night Live last year. The host that week was John Cenna Cena. Do you follow professional wrestling?
Oh hell no!
7) In 2016, when this song was popular, Alex Rodriguez played his final Major League Baseball game. He has embarked on a second career as a broadcaster. Would you be comfortable on camera?
Not without a ton of rehearsal. I can barely speak coherently without cameras these days.
8) A 2016 study revealed that 43% of Americans own mutual funds, many in their 401(k)s and IRAs. Are you involved in the stock market?
I'm part of that 43%, and Beast has always taken care of that. Yet another steep learning curve I'm looking at in the next months.
9) Random question: You have something awkward and embarrassing that you simply must tell a pal. You know your friend will not be happy with the news. Would you prefer to deliver it by email, in a phone call, or face to face?
Face to face. I hate stuff like this, but it's better to get it done than let it fester.
+ + + + + + + + + +
Silent Night (1957)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) How well do you know "Silent Night?" Without looking up the lyrics, could you sing along with Elvis?
I know the whole thing pretty much by heart. 54 Christmases of hearing it more than once will do that that.
2) The Christmas with Elvis album hit the stores in October 1957. Were you already preparing for Christmas back in October?
Nope. I'm not really even preparing for Christmas now. There's not really a Christmas for me this year.
3) Clearly Elvis liked a flocked white Christmas tree. Is your tree flocked, aluminum or pine green? Real or artificial? Or do you skip the whole tree thing altogether?
My tree is fake, green, and in its box in the closet.
4) Back in the late 1950s, Elvis left his hair its natural brown color. In the 1960s he began having it dyed black. Do you have a salon appointment scheduled between now and year end?
I haven't had a haircut since sometime in September. I probably should get in and do that. One more thing I "should" do....
5) Have you ever peeked, looking for a Christmas gift you know is hidden for you somewhere in the house?
Nope.
6) Which do you prefer, candy canes or gingerbread?
I can't really eat hard candy anymore--it hurts my teeth--and I'm not a huge fan of gingerbread. Throw me some home-made fudge, though, and I'll love you forever.
7) Is anyone receiving a home made or do-it-yourself gift from you this year?
Hah. No.
8) Do you wrap holiday gifts in paper, or do you take the gift bag route?
There will be a tiny bit of wrapping with paper to do before Christmas Day for my great-nephews nearby, but otherwise, I think Sparky's getting his stuff in the shipping box in which it arrived.
9) This time of year is big for charitable fundraising. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.
Look, this year I would really like everyone to find someone who needs a hug, a shoulder on which to cry, and ear with which to listen, or something of the sort. Take the time to do that every day till Christmas. It's free, and God knows we all need someone to recognize our hurts and humanity.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.