Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday 5 x 2

(Link in meme-roll)
It’s Electric
  1. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever done with electricity?
    I'm sure it involved something in the bathroom and water. I can't think of anything specifically. However, I've been much more careful since nearly electrocuting myself in England because the current is considerably higher and the plugs considerably heavier.
  2. How did you last pass the time when your residence was without power for at least a few hours?
    Reading books. Or possibly sleeping. Those are the general go-tos when we lose power. If it's night-time, I guess I'll have to figure out the generator. Ugh.
  3. Around how many AA and AAA batteries do you have on standby?
    Probably 4 or so of each. I should check that; I honestly have no idea.
  4. How do you feel about lightning?
    I love watching the show from safely inside or far away.
  5. When did you last dance the Electric Slide, and if you’ve never done it, what’s the closest you’ve come to dancing the Electric Slide?
    I think there was some of this going on at my nephew's wedding last year, but I was in charge of the one-year-old at the time so I was dancing with him, which eliminates the Electric Slide.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +

Finding a Way
  1. What’s something you’ve been unable to find?
    When my husband fell in September, he was wearing his cross, and possibly his wedding ring. I know they removed the necklace and gave it to me, probably the ring too. I haven't been able to find them since. I have zero memory of what I did when I came home that night. Morning. Whatever. The cross was purchased at St. Paul's in London. The wedding ring is pretty valuable. I've got through sick about losing them all the way into panic, desperation, and depression.
  2. How’s your sense of direction?
    If I have a map, I'm good. If I'm in Denver, I know very quickly where the cardinal directions are. Otherwise, I'm fairly hopeless.
  3. How good are you at sitting still?
    I can do it. But I hate it.
  4. What’s something your parents always said you needed to get better at?
    According to my mom, I was the easiest of the five kids in my family. I got straight As and behaved myself (i.e. never got caught misbehaving). I don't remember anything they complained about. Dad would have like it if I understood math better.
  5. In what way are you a better person today than you were ten years ago?
    I'm far more patient than I was. I take things far less personally these days too.

1 sweet-talkers :

onebadscrivener said...

Isn't it weird how it's youth who are impatient? They have all the time in the world. We who are closer to end, shouldn't we be the impatient ones?

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.