Saturday, November 25, 2017

Blackjack!!

(Found here)
There is no part 20, but the questions are in order starting with question #1902, though I'm not at all sure why #1901 was on the last set. Also, I correct a lot of the spelling issues, because I just couldn't deal with them
1902. What takes your breath away? Cats, because asthma. Also beautiful scenery.

1903. What did you do today that you regret? I did, pretty literally, nothing today. I wish I could say I regret that, but I don't.
Will you ever do it again? Not anytime soon, I think.

1904. Is happiness something to be achieved and sought after or is it something to be retained and held onto always, no matter what happens? I don't think we'd recognize it if it were here all the time. I think it's something that comes and goes and should be treasured while it's around.

1905. Would you rather live in a world of perfection or do you like the world the way it is? I wish people could be more understanding of one another, but I wouldn't want perfection.

1906. Is a frightening world an interesting world to live in? Depends on the neighborhood your mind lives in. I find it interesting, but I'm not a particularly paranoid, anxious-about-danger person.

1907. What gives people depth and character? Experience and ability to communicate.

1908. What band, together or not would make you want to JUST FLY after seeing their show? I'm not big into crowds, so if it were a command performance, I'd be super-thrilled about almost any show.

1909. Speaking of flying, can you fly? Only in airplanes and other flying machines.
How do you know? Have you tried? No, but based on the empirical evidence of others, I doubt I would be the one to break all the rules.

1910. Recently a 10-year-old grilled cheese sandwich in which some people saw the image of the Virgin Mary sold on eBay for $10,000. What do you think of this? People with money are insane.

1911. Who is the next person you will hug? Beast, tomorrow.

1912. Where was your last vacation to? I took a long weekend in March (I think?) to a state park about 2 hours south of where I live and literally sat in a hotel room and read and slept and came home rested...to my usual life of chaos, of course.

1913. Where was your last car ride to? The last time I was in my car was the drive home from work yesterday.

1914. Where was your last bus ride to? Wow. I really don't know. It's been a really long time.

1915. Where did you last walk to? The kitchen? Well, technically, back to the sofa from the kitchen.

1916. What is the worst band in the universe? The one that practices next door to you at 2 a.m.

1917. What is the next book you want to read? I just started Eddie Izzard's autobiography today. The one that I brought home from work yesterday but haven't started is the sixth book in the Darynda Jones series about the Grim Reaper.

1918. What are the 3 most useless items on the planet? Foot calluses, unkindness towards others, red tape.

1919. What gives you a peaceful feeling? Babies asleep in my arms. Or puppies asleep near me.

1920. Do you ever stay up late watching infomercials? Nope. Thank God--I'd probably be living in a cardboard box!
Did you ever BUY anything from an infomercial? Nope. See above.

1921. Are you a light sleeper? Well, sometimes. Not consistently though, not anymore.

1922. Are you a Toys R Us kid? Heh, no, I am way too old to be that!

1923. Are you part of the mile high club? No I am not. Yuck--airplane bathrooms are not romantic, period.

1924. Do you like:
piña coladas? meh, they aren't horrible, but definitely not in my top 10 requests.
getting caught in the rain? not particularly, but again, it's not the end of the universe either.
yoga? I doubt I can do anything yoga-y anymore, but it would be nice to try.
intelligence? I'm a HYUGE fan of smarts, yeah.
making love at midnight? To be honest, the timing isn't the first thing I think of, but these days I'm asleep well before midnight.
health food? not as a thing, no, but I like fruits and veggies and nuts and grains ok.
champagne? ONLY the really pricey kind; cheap stuff makes me vomit.
the feel of the ocean? ...it's water...? I like standing in waves looking out over the ocean, but I don't do it very often, since I live a long way from a coast.

1925. What was the funniest way that you ever misheard the lyrics to a song? For the life of me, I cannot understand Elton John's singing. No matter what song, there's always at least one unintelligible bit that I cannot figure out.

1926. What have you never seen anything lovelier than? happy surprise.

1927. Have you ever painted on a:
wall: many times
ceramic: yep, and my efforts are now hanging (with dozens of others) in my library
painting: like, a canvas? or over an already-extant painting? I think I've painted on canvas....? Definitely not over other people's work, though!
model: yup
sun catcher: ...maybe??
face: does makeup count?
body: yes

1928. If you believe in heaven are there separate heavens for different animals (kittie heaven. dog heaven, bird heaven, etc)? I hope to hell not! I wanna spend some time with my fur- and feather-babies.

1929. If you could build your body from scratch using the parts from different celebrities who would you combine? Oh hell really? I'd love Julia Robert's laugh, but otherwise this is not something I spend ANY time thinking about.

1930. If you could build your perfect match from scratch using the parts from different celebrities who would you combine Nope, see above.

1931. Avril Lavigne or Michelle Branch? I don't pay a lot of attention to Michelle Branch, so by default it will be Avril.
Vanessa Carlton or Britney Spears? ...silence is preferable.

1932. When you sleep next to someone do they fall asleep first usually or do you? In the past few years, it has almost exclusively been them first.
If they do, do you watch them sleep? I'm married to him, so, uh, no. I have, however, been watching him sleep in hospital beds for the past couple of months, and more recently in his wheelchair. He is rather adorable while asleep.

1933. How many people have a piece of your heart? Far too many. I need to start gathering some of those pieces up....

1934. What are your day dreams about? Random stuff, but circling the mountains, Ouray, my childhood, and weird experiences of my life, and often snippets of dreams I've had.

1935. What is your usual breakfast? Bagel and cheese.

1936. How quickly are you willing to take drugs to numb pain? Not as quickly as I used to when I was younger. I can usually outlast minor stuff these days.

1937. Finish this sentence. I pity the fool that who: grabs me by the pussy....

1938. Can you think of three adjectives that DO NOT apply to you even a tiny bit? sociopathic, short, fashionable.

1939. What do your salt and pepper shakers look like? ha ha ha--I have, literally, DOZENS (if not hundreds) of these things. One of these days I'll post a picture of at least some of the collection... Ironically, I rarely use salt and pepper on food.

1940. When was the last time you hurt yourself? Uh, sometime this week, I'm sure--I know that I walked into the lid of Beast's open toolbox one morning on my way to the car in the garage. I've torn off a couple of fingernails as well.

1941. Would you rather never have to sleep but also never be able to dream or just leave things as they are? The thought of never again sleeping actually terrifies me!! And most of the time I love my crazy dreams. They give me something to think about: "why were THEY in my dream?" "wait, do I need to change the sheets in the spare room?" etc.

1942. Have you ever had your car towed? Yes, after I totaled it.

1943. Have you ever used kool-aid to dye your hair? Hell no.

1944. Would you rather be naked and famous or dressed and non-famous? I'd always ALWAYS rather be non-famous (and dressed, especially this time of year).

1945. What band or singer do you believe started rock and roll? You really do NOT want me to start on this subject.

1946. Think of an object that is shaped like your body: A lot of other middle-aged American women's bodies.

1947. If you had a large black vase-pot-thing in your house what would you put in it? ?? Dried flowers?

1948. Where would you like to live when you want to start a family? Too late--my "family" is multiple decades old.

1949. Would you rather live in the city, suburbs or the country? City for the activities and most of the people; suburbs for the shopping; country for the beauty and lack of hassle on a daily basis.

1950. Were you parents born by the year 1950? Well, yeah, but so were three of my siblings.

1951. Would you ever participate in a 'sock hop'? Would I? I probably have!

1952. Once there was a green house and inside it was a white house and inside it was a red house and inside it was a bunch of little brown babies. What are we talking about? Solve this riddle. OK, score for the racist riddles. Ugh.

1953. Have you ever built something? Yes, dear, I have.

1954. What is the hardest thing to face each day? Life.

1955. Who's voice irritates you like fingernails on a blackboard? Fran Drescher's.

1956. What is your favorite plant? Depends on whether I'm hungry or looking for beauty or what.

1957. What simple things in life do you appreciate? Most of my appreciation is for small things.

1958. Have you ever read a book by Tom Robbins? Actually...no.

1959. Are you more of a maker and giver, or a taker and user? Can I go with maker and user?

1960. What do you contribute to society? Today, not a damn thing! I mostly kept myself out of circulation to give everyone a break from me. Generally, I try to be kind and funny and helpful and honest.

1961. Do you take naps? Yes.

1962. Do you have any cavities? I have a lot of fillings, but I think right now I have a cavity on the tooth next to my back left crown.

1963. What is the difference between art and fine art? Price.

1964. Do you believe that there has been a man on the moon? Yes, yes I do.

1965. What music makes you so happy you could burst? A lot of Bruno Mars's stuff works like that for me.

1966. What do you think of the band They Might be Giants? Some of their stuff is good.

1967. Would you ever go into a sex shop? I can think of reasons to do that, yes.

1968. If you had to choose would you rather go into a sex shop with your mom or your dad? I would rather die, but since they're both dead it's moot.

1969. Do you buy holiday gifts early or at the last minute? About halfway between. I just bought my great-nieces and -nephews their Xmas ornaments today. They get a new one every year from me.

1970. What do you want to do today? It's 7:40 p.m. I'm going to bed in the next few hours. I suppose I'll finish this first.

1971. You see a girl in a long ruffled off white dress carrying a bag painted with a sunflower and playing a ukulele while twirling around the cafeteria.
What is your first reaction? Whatever.
Could you become friends with this girl? Why not?

1972. Let's just say your school team is on a winning streak. One of the cheerleaders cheers both for your team and the other team during games. Does it make you angry? Well, it seems to me that the cheer coach should intervene, but I've definitely seen worse cheerleader behavior.
One day you ask her why she does it and she says that, "It's just so much fun, no matter who wins." What do you think of that? But you're purpose is to support your team.

1973. Do you laugh when there is no joke and dance when there is no music? STOP WATCHING ME!!

1974. What would the perfect pair of socks look like? Warm, fluffy, and colorful. Also, lint-free.

1975. What is the longest you have ever gone with out sleeping? Something like 30ish hours, but not for a long time. However, if I get an hour-long nap, at some point, I'm good for closer to 40 hours.

1976. Have you ever had a hallucination? Probably. See previous answer.

1977. Are you generally happy? I generally try hard to seem, or even be, happy.

1978. Are you a
sore loser? sometimes
sore winner? I try very hard not to be.

1979. Were you an 80's baby? Uh, no.

1980. What's in the room with you right now that you can't see? That's not creepy at all! I'm literally sitting here alone with the TV on. There might be some random bugs or rodents hanging around, but they're quiet and I'm going to go on thinking everything's fine with ME here ALONE!

1981. Do you ALWAYS thoroughly wash your hands after going to the bathroom? "Thoroughly" no--but always at least rinse and rub.

1982. If someone else were to describe you what would you hope they would say? Kind, honest, funny, helpful. Sound familiar?

1983. What is the sound of one hand clapping? Shh, I'm listening to my fan club applaud!!

1984. You are filling out a 5000 question survey. What would you rather be doing right now? Nah, brah, I'm good.
Why aren't you doing it? -_-

1985. Do you prefer carnivals, festivals, circuses, parades or fairs? We went to the county fair this summer for the first time in years. It was fun. We should try to do that every year.

1986. Are you useful? I hope so!!

1987. Are you a:
bitch/bastard? sometimes
lover? sometimes
child? not anymore (though I do occasionally behave like it)
mother/father? yup
sinner? of course
saint? I try to do my best

1988. What is the dirtiest habit you can think of? Never doing dishes. I mean, really, there are so many options, but I think lack of dish-cleaning is the gateway.

1989. What kind of person will you ABSOLUTELY never date? A Nazi.

1990. What were you doing at ten fifteen last Saturday night? I'm sure I was asleep, or trying to be.

1991. Do you ever need 'quiet time'? Every day!!

1992. What are you made of? "Sugar and spice and everything nice." And the random shitty attitude.

1993. What does 'you are what you eat' really mean? This has bothered me since the 70s: eating broccoli does not turn we into broccoli!

1994. What was the last thing you counted? I count in my head so often that I not longer really notice--hello, OCD!--but I can't think of anything specific today.

1995. Do you think it is harder for a parent to outlive their child or for the child to lose a parent? I think it's easier to adapt to losing a parent because that's "normal." Losing a child...man, I just don't know. My mom told me when my sister Ellen died in 1994 that it's just WRONG for parents to outlive their kids. Culture doesn't really have a 'script' to deal with this, so parents are just left hanging in a lot of cases. The thought of losing Sparky....{{shudder}}

1996. Do you believe in psychic ability or is it a sham? Yes, and yet...yes.

1997. What is your favorite classic rock song? That's like asking who my favorite pet is/was!

1998. Who are you anyway? I'm me.

Are you your resume? Nope.

1999. When are you the most insecure? When I've never done something before.

2000. Who would your fantasy threesome involve? Ugh. The mere thought makes me urpy.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.