Friday, September 1, 2017

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Sandwich or Nah?
  1. Why is or isn’t a hot dog a sandwich?
    Well, it really IS a sandwich, though it's not what I think of when I think of "sandwich." It's a little too round to be a sandwich, the definition of a sandwich in my worldview. It's just semantics, though, in the end.
  2. Why is or isn’t a hamburger a sandwich?
    My dad often called them "hamburger sandwiches" so I have no problem with calling a burger that.
  3. Why is or isn’t a wrap a sandwich?
    Again, it's that non-flatness that makes me pause, but I call it a sandwich when I eat one anyway.
  4. Why are or aren’t Oreos and ice cream sandwiches sandwiches?
    But they are! They are sandwiches from heaven!!
  5. Why does or doesn’t listening to an audio book count as reading the book?
    Speaking as a librarian, and an audiobook reader, I have to tsk tsk you and say "Of course they are both books!" You get the story in slightly different ways, but it's still literature. Like myths are literature, right? Besides, audiobooks are the reason I have managed to finish a lot of books I hated in high school!!
The whole time I was answering the sandwich questions, I could hear my mom's voice going on about sandwiches in my head. Man, she was T I R E D of sandwiches by the time she hit 50! I'm not even sure what her beef (ha ha ha) was with them, only that she complained about them being immensely boring. Funny that I'd forgotten all about that till just now.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I don't have a reason why I stopped playing along with this meme. This week has good questions--the kind I'd have fun talking to my students about.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.