Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The TV Shows Questions

1. Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least twice:
Of the oldies, Brady Bunch, Bewitched, and Gilligan's Island have to be up there. Newer shows would include the original CSI and the first 4-5 seasons of the original NCIS.
2. Name a show you can't miss:
We rarely miss any of the current crop of NCISes, though we watch them on DVR almost exclusively.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show:
Mariska Hargitay, though I rarely watch SVU except in reruns. But I do like her.
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show:
Good gosh, there are a LOT of those! Most of them are un-funny comedians or very young Too Famous People.
5. Name a show you can, and do, quote from:
Star Trek, of course! "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!" is my constant refrain over the course of the last 6 months or so.
6. Name a show you like that no one else enjoys:
This is so unlikely as to be unanswerable.
7. Name a TV show which you've been known to sing the theme song:
Pretty much anything from the late 50s through the mid-80s. And now I've got the Three's Company theme stuck in my head, just like that!
8. Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch:
I would never presume to do this.
9. Name a TV series you own:
I have season one of the current version of Hawaii Five-Oh. I haven't watched all of it, and I haven't watched the show regularly since midway through season 2.
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium, but has surprised you with his/her acting chops in television:
Uhm, hello? Who can top Patrick Stewart in ST:TNG?
11. What is your favorite episode of your favorite series?
- On the original CSI the episode called "Stalker" because it was far too creepily close to reality to be dismissed as "just TV" for me.
- Star Trek TOS is probably the one called "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" because it hit home HARD the first time I saw it at about age 10.
- ST:TNG is "Darmok" because it's all about language theory and I had massively interesting conversations online (ok, on Prodigy) for months about how a whole language like that would work, and the philosophy of language, and Noam Chomsky....
- Gilligan's Island is "The Producer" when the castaways stage a production of "Hamlet"--it's just farce of course, but it kinda was my intro to Shakespeare, so I think of it fondly.
And now I'll stop.
12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven't gotten around to yet:
Anything from Shondaland. I'm not into soapy stuff, so I've been leery.
13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad?
Of course. See CSI: Miami. Swear to God, if those sunglasses had come off on my TV one more time....
14. Name a show that's made you cry multiple times:
CSI. SVU. Criminal Minds. A lot of the shows on Animal Planet. I was crying over a euthanized snow leopard from the Bronx Zoo last night. smh
15. What do you eat when you watch TV?
Whatever's on offer. We basically never eat at the table anymore.
16. How often do you watch TV?
I'm married to someone who thinks that if someone is alive, the TV should be on. He will walk through the room where I'm reading and turn the damn thing on and then go out to the garage for an hour. So, if he's here, the TV's on. And he's here ALL THE TIME anymore.
17. What's the last TV show you watched?
We're currently watching this afternoon's race, which was DVR'd while we went to a concert this afternoon.
18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of TV?
I think it's fairly obvious that anymore I mostly watch crime drama. And sports.
19. What was the first TV show you were obsessed with?
The Partridge Family.
20. What TV show do you wish you never watched?
In some ways, I wish I hadn't ever seen Little House on the Prairie. The earlier seasons were pretty good because they stuck, generally, to the books. But when they ran out of "true" Laura stuff, they ruined it.
21. What's the weirdest show you enjoyed?
There are some Japanese game shows that I just don't understand but they make me laugh. Beast thinks I'm insane for finding them amusing.
22. What TV show scared you the most?
I tend not to get that involved in any scary TV shows. I'm usually online these days so there's a definite distraction factor. Having said that, there have been some crime episodes over the years that have wigged me out. That "Stalker" episode mentioned above is one of them.
23. What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched?
That has to be, in terms of consistency over the years, M*A*S*H.

Bud's Laws of Life
Law 55. A single fact can spoil a good argument.
For the complete list of "Bud's Laws of Life" click here.

4 sweet-talkers :

Bev Sykes said...

"Who can top Patrick Stewart in ST:TNG?" -- uh Leonard Nimoy as Spock??

Cat. said...

I was responding to the crossover part of the question, not the relative merits of TOS over TNG, which argument I've had quite enough of thank you.

Kwizgiver said...

One of my neighborhood chums had David Cassidy wallpaper in her bedroom. It was dreamy.

;)

Cat. said...

O
M
G

Swwoooonnn

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.