Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Icebreaker Questions

1. Are you loud, outgoing or shy?
Yes.
I am all of the above at different times. In fact, I am the loudest librarian you've probably met. I can be very outgoing. However, the Real Me is quite shy and fearful.
2. What’s coming up where you’ll see an old friend?
.....I got nothing. I'm not even sure we're going to have a vacation this year, so unless said "old friend" comes to me, I'm gonna just be sitting here with my current friends. Of course, I have some current friends who are old.... Am I overthinking this question??
3. Are you easy to get along with?
I think so. Usually. Unless you're stupid or flat-out obnoxious.
4. Have you ever given up on someone, but then gone back to them?
I give up on people regularly, but I have a hard time holding myself to the vow to drop them. That's getting easier, but I've only gone "back" to a boyfriend once. It was a mistake.
5. Who was the last person that you had a deep conversation with?
There were a few of those at church this morning. With Sue, with Beast, with Sunday school people, with Sally, with Lee, with Gary....
6. Are you okay with being in a big crowd?
How big? Like a couple hundred people in a church or concert or theatre? Sure. Anything much more than that, then no. I really wanted to go to one of the marches yesterday, but holy shit I would have been hyperventilating the entire time. I don't even enjoy traveling as much as I used to because of the crowds in airports and so forth.
7. Do you believe in luck and/or miracles?
I do. Not in the "buy a lotto ticket" kind of luck. I've witnessed miracles and there is literally no earthly reason I'm still alive after a couple specific events.
8. What good thing happened during the summer? (It’s good to think about summer when you are freezing your butt off in January.)
My feet were warm. I miss that these days.
9. Do you think there is life on other planets?
Sure. I mean, why not?
10. Who was your first crush on?
First first was David Cassidy. I was, probably, 8. At most. I remember kissing an album cover. It's been downhill since then. ;-)
11. What are your bad habits?
Nailbiting. Making assumptions. Trying to answer rhetorical questions. Trusting people. Sarcasm. Lack of attentiveness.
12. What’s your favorite part of your daily routine?
Going to bed to read before sleep.
13. Other than your significant other, who are you most comfortable with?
Well, that's a rather ginormous assumption you've got going there... heh OK, I'm qute comfortable with myself. I guess Sparky is in there too. Not really many others, even my besties. See question #1.
14. Has an ex ever told you that they regret breaking up?
Yup. See question #4.
15. Why should your celebrity crush drop everything to be with you?
That would ruin everything!!
16. What would be the hardest to give up and why? Books. TV. Music.
Books. Or, actually, maybe music. I could write and then read my own stuff or read cereal boxes and magazines, but I gotta be able to sing.
17. Do you believe in second chances?
Yes and thank GOD for them, no??
18. What would like to do next in your life?
I'd feel better about answering this if Beast was contributing to the household income.
19. What’s the meanest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
Really? My co-teacher said something at Sunday school today about being as old as Moses today. My co-teacher is older than me, so I just gaped at him. [it was a joke, a lousy one] EVER though? Wow, so many things. Several of them said by my son in angry moments.
20. What’s the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to you?
Many years ago now, in the middle of a conversation about something entirely different, Beast said to me that one of the things he most admires (admired?) about me is how kind I am to others.

2 sweet-talkers :

Stacy said...

I struggle with sarcasm, too. I try not to say it out loud, but man...I sure THINK it. I need to stop doing even that.

Kwizgiver said...

I guiltily gave up music to save my precious books. I have a nice voice but I hate performing.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.