Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Bearded Questions

What is some of your favorite music?
I'm super-basic. "Good beat, easy to dance too" and it's a huge bonus if there's some lyrical content as well. I like Katy Perry, P!nk, Elvis, Rusted Root, The Police, The Supremes, Bruno Mars, Nina Simone....
List your three favorite scents.
Vanilla, Pine, Sage.
How do you ground yourself or recharge?
This is one way. I also read. And sleep.
Any ways you treat or spoil yourself?
I eat far, far too much sugar.
Besides your blog, do you have a creative past-time?
Yes. Somewhere. Where did I put it....?
Share something difficult you've been through.
Life. Really, it's just life. Mine has been easier than a lot of peoples' in a lot of ways, but there've certainly been bumps. Couple of surgeries, couple of giant roadblocks, multiple family deaths. Lots of drama. Lots of good moments too.
What helps you fall asleep?
Exhaustion. Crosswords and reading and puzzles.
What is one strength and one weakness of yours?
Strength in plowing through whatever fresh hell awaits me. Unwillingness to do anything BUT plow through everything. I'll let you figure out which is a strength and which is a weakness.
Have you ever received a letter or written one to someone else?
How old is the person who wrote this question?? I've gotten dozens of letters, and sent a few too. Lately, in fact.
What makes you feel powerful, what breathes life into you?
Joy. Giggles, mine or others. Sunshine is kind of important too.
What's your favorite thing to do at night?
SLEEP!
If you could go back to any era, what would they it be?
I wouldn't want to stay there, that's for sure! It would be kind of fun to see my grandmothers before they were old and creaky, though, and maybe meet my grandfathers for the first time.
Your favorite things to wear at home?
Pajamas, warm socks, T-shirt or sweatshirt. This time of year, a blanket is not unwelcome.
If you could be immortal or have an extremely long life span which would you pick and why?
I don't want to live forever, OR for an extremely long time. I'd trade it in for something useful.
Tell us about something positive you have done for yourself or someone recently.
I've slept. A lot. And done a lot of reading. Not enough of the right kind probably. And I've just "done" for myself as necessary and let the long-term stuff sit around and wait without worrying. It's been a lovely 5-week stretch.
One thing you like about your appearance?
I like my hair. [she glances at a mirror] ...though perhaps not today.
Something that makes you feel better after a hard day?
Sleep. I seem to be on a roll here.
If you have one, name a favorite book & movie.
My favorite book varies daily. Today, I'll go with The Book of Ruth. Movie? My usual answer is "Heathers."
How do you feel about beards? No bonus points. I'm curious.
I ADORE beards! Not the hipster/Old-Testament-y versions big right now, but a nice, short, generally well-groomed beard is delicious. For the record, I loathe stubble--grow it out or shave it off. :-)

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I value sleep so much more now that my nights are almost always interrupted.

Unknown said...

Hi..Just joined this linkup myself. Loved your answers and look forward to reading more from you.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.