Saturday, June 25, 2016

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)

It’s the fourth Friday in June, which means it’s time for our annual Scattergories Five! My favorite Five of the year! (Yes; we’ve done them on the third Friday in June the past few years, but the fourth works better for me).

We first did them in 2009, and revisited them in 2012, in 2013, in 2014, and last year [these are links to my answers, not the original questions]. If you never did those, and if these five questions seem not to be enough, feel free to add those questions to this week’s.

This week’s 5 is inspired by the party game Scattergories, in which players have to think of items, all beginning with the same letter, in several categories. For example, if the die is rolled and shows the letter T, players might have to name a soft drink, a farm animal, a river, and a U.S. President, all beginning with T. Valid answers might be Tab, turkey, Tennessee, and Tyler.

First, go to this nifty online random-letter generator. Set the “number of random letter sequences to generate” to 1. Set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 1. Leave the “letters to choose from” how it is and click the button. You’ll get a rather non-dramatic one letter. Use that letter to begin all your answers to the 5 questions below. If you’d like to avoid difficult letters, feel free to change the “letters to choose from” list. I’ll only judge you a little bit. 🙂

Alternately, if you find that boring, you could set the “length of each random letter sequence” to 5, thereby giving you five letters, a different one for each question.

What random letter was generated by the online random-letter generator (this doesn’t really count as one of your five questions)?
I've done this a couple of different ways in the past. In 2009 I just picked one letter. in 2014, I got a series of five letters and answered each question with all five letters. Last year I was back to one letter. I haven't looked at the questions yet. My original one-letter "assignment" this year is "O." The 5-letter sequence I got was "ftran." I'm going with the 5-letters. YAY!!
  1. What brand or model of car, whose name begins with the letter, would you like to get?
    F - Ferarri (duh!)
    T - Toyota [I've never had a bad one]
    R - Rolls Royce
    A - Alfa Romeo [yes! please!]
    N - Nissan something-or-other
  2. What summer activity, whose name begins with the letter, are you looking forward to?
    F - Frisbee (if I can find someone to play with!)
    T - Travel (except I think it'll be almost fall for me)
    R - Relaxing
    A - Archery is all I can come up with
    N - Noodle ball
  3. What’s an item in your desk whose name begins with the letter?
    F - Folders
    T - Tape
    R - Rubber bands
    A - Almonds [yes, a ton of them]
    N - Notebooks
  4. What’s something, whose name begins with the letter, that you find frightening?
    F - Flooding
    T - Trump (of course)
    R - Reptiles (some of them; some I like)
    A - Aging
    N - Nuclear war
  5. If you had to get a tattoo on your upper arm, what’s something whose name begins with the letter that you could live with?
    F - Freckle
    T - my son's name starts with a T, so ... that
    R - Rabbit
    A - I could see getting an Anarchy symbol--with a slash through it
    N - Going back to the same well: someone's Name

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.