Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Carry A Tune Meme

Do you own a tablet of any kind?
I have a Nook. Beast does as well. And his new work computer is a Microsoft Surface Pro.
What’s something people always assume about you that isn’t true?
That I've read every book in the library where I work. It's also possible that many people think my only emotional setting is anger. It's definitely not!
On a scale of 1-10, how much do elevators scare you?
I guess that would be a 1. Unless I can go to 0.
When you’re upset, do you vent to people or do you keep to yourself?
Heh, I think we can all acknowledge that I'm a venter. I've been working on trying to keep some things from spewing. It's haaaaarrrrrrrrrrd.
Have you ever watched a meteor shower?
Yes. I imagine it would be wonderful out in the country, on a mountain or something. In town, on our back porch was underwhelming.
Do you tend to put things off until the last minute?
Uh...er... yes.
How do you react to random strangers suddenly trying to make conversation with you?
I live in the Midwest. People do this ALL THE TIME! As do I. It's expected! ;-)
Do you have a lucky number?
I have numbers I really like, but I don't really do the "lucky number" thing. 3 is good. So is 16. And 8.
Would you go out to dinner with Oprah?
If she's buying, sure! It better not be a Weight Watchers meal, either!!
Did you ever play sports?
I was on the 7th grade girls volleyball team, and the 8th grade basketball team. Hated both, though I wasn't as awful as I thought I was then.
Do you feel guilty if you throw food away?
YES! Holy cow, this makes me nuts, and I do it all the time because I'm not my mom, who kept food WELL PAST it's possible safety date.
Do you think you could make it as a baker?
Sure. I love baking. It's eating the stuff that causes the problem. And making time to do it and cleaning up.
Are you one of those people who are wearing scarves with everything?
Not with everything, no, but I have learned the joy of scarves in the winter in a drafty, chilly building.
Have you ever been in a castle?
I have! Many times! Well, many castles I guess. German, Chinese, Scottish, Russian, English and Italian. And one American that I can be fairly sure that no one reading this has heard of much less visited.
When you were little, did you ever play with Playdoh?
Not until my nieces had it. I missed Playdoh for myself by about 3 years.
Would you rather write a mystery or love story?
Mystery. I'm pretty sure I could toss together a decent love story in about 18 hours' worth of work. A mystery would take more time. Really, though, I'd rather write a good book, regardless of genre, and that will take more than 18 hours for sure.
Tell me about your worst fashion mistake:
Every day, my friend, every day.
Do you hate it when people smoke around you?
I'm allergic, so yeah, it's not my favorite. I'm not all militant about it, but I will move away as far as possible from smoke.
How are you wearing your hair right now?
I have short hair, so it's the same everyday. Today it's pretty flat and blah, kind of like my attitude. Having just looked at a picture I just posted on Facebook, however, "flat" is a relative term. My hair is just curly enough to be fluffy even when it's having a shitty day.
When’s the last time you were sick?
I haven't felt very good all week, but I haven't been actually sick for awhile. Knock wood.
Would you rather have OJ or milk with your breakfast?
Neither! OK, I'll go with OJ, but it had better be fresh and pulp-free!
What were you doing thirty minutes ago?
Cleaning the guinea pig cage. I think?
Do you own any school related clothing articles?
I'm wearing pajama bottoms from my college alma mater right now. They are orange and blue, so it's a color scheme I can get behind today. (I don't have anything that is Panthers, though I really like them too.)
Would you rather call people or have them call you?
I'd rather not talk on the phone, period. Text, email, IM...unless you're my son. :-)
Can you carry a tune?
Once I had my surgery last winter and recovered, my voice came back! I can sing. Not great, not solo-worthy or anything, but I can sing.
Who was the last person who unexpectedly texted you?
Maybe one of the people at one of my meetings. Not a huge surprise: I had called her in a bit of a panic. I didn't expect her to text. It's all good. For now.
Who do you text the most?
Beast. Sparky is a close second.

1 sweet-talkers :

Misfit Librarian said...

Same thing here with the read every book in the library. I don't know why people think that just because you work in a library that you've read every book and/or want to.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.