Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Feisty Twenty-five

Do you like to see it snowing outside?
If I don't have to go outside and drive anywhere for a few days, I do like to watch snow falling. If there will be driving, I just start worrying about that.
Do you tell your family you love them enough?
I tell them whenever I see them. I mean Beast and Sparky. My family of origin doesn't do the "love" thing unless things are in dire straits. Beast's family is better at that, but we don't see them often anymore.
Do you like getting jewelry or do you not wear any?
I like earrings; I wear them pretty much every day, and I have TONS. I'm not really into expensive jewelry, but I have a couple of pricey rings and necklaces. I don't wear a lot of necklaces--I tend to forget to grab one.
Do you watch a lot of NFL football?
I do. It's on right now, in fact, as I write this, gearing up for the Pats/Broncos game.
Have you ever used the word ‘lame’?
I don't use it much. The way people feel about the word 'retarded' is kind of the way I feel about 'lame.' Maybe I've just known more people with physical disabilities than mental disabilities? I don't know, but 'lame' feels rude.
Are you/Were you in a band? If so, what was your band name?
I was in marching band. There's just not a great big push for flute players in rock bands, Jethro Tull and Chicago excluded.
When is the last time you went to the doctor?
Nag nag nag! Jeez! I'm going Wednesday, OK? Jeez. lol
Do you own any shirts with a peace symbol on it?
Hmm. I don't think so, not anymore. I certainly used to! Might have to remedy that one of these days.
Would you ever go to Japan?
If you paid for it, and I could fly first class, then I would.
What was the last thing you went to Walmart for?
I don't remember. Maybe pillows, and then a random-grab lunch from the deli and pop cooler.
Ever gotten in a car accident?
Uh, yeah. Probably 5 or 6. Thankfully, nothing very exciting or dangerous.
Have you ever been in a choir?
Yes.
Do you like the color of your eyes? If not, what color would you want them?
I have hazel eyes. I've always wished they were more green, or at least green more often. But I'm not fussed enough to spend time on it these days.
When was the last time you went ice skating?
I believe I was approximately 13. That makes it pretty close to 4 decades.
Do you like to brush your teeth?
Do I like to? Well, I don't hate it...it doesn't hurt or anything, and it's necessary. This is a little like asking whether I like brushing my hair....
Have you ever had a surgery?
Yup. Couple of times. Anesthesia is weird.
Do you look older or younger than you actually are?
I think I look pretty much my actual age. I might not act like it, though. ;-)
When is the next time you’ll be up on stage?
I think I'm liturgist next weekend. Does that count?
Where did you spend your last birthday?
I think I worked. If not I was right here on the couch probably doing something like this, or reading.
What is the last show that you watched a full episode of?
We watched Property Brothers all afternoon and evening yesterday. No breaks. It was ... weird and not what I would have preferred but I didn't have the remote.
Do you know anyone who lives in Utah?
Wow. Random. I don't think so? My sister lives about 90 miles from Utah for half of the year, but I don't think anyone else I know is there. If so, they're keeping shtum.
Is there anything you need to work on doing soon?
There are plenty of things I need to deal with, including laundry, serious house-cleaning, and figuring out vacations. And losing weight. Always.
Do your feelings get hurt easily?
It depends. Sometimes, with some people, I seem primed to take things all wrong. Most of the time, shit runs right off me.
Do you, or do you know someone who has taken karate lessons?
Sparky took tai kwon do for a year or so when he was a kid. He wasn't great, but he liked watching himself in the mirrors. ;-)
Were you ever a boy or girl scout?
I was a Girl Scout for a couple of years in grade school. It was fun, but I never did any of the camping or whatever. And I sucked at selling cookies.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

The stage question was hard to answer--I mean, I perform every day at school.

Cat. said...

I know a teacher who is TERRIFIED to speak in front of people, i.e. adults. Kids, not a problem; grownups, AAAARRRGHHHH!! lol

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.