Saturday, December 26, 2015

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Happy Holidays! (from the archives) [previously answered here]

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
I only remember going to see Santa once as a child. That doesn't mean I only did it once, but I only remember the one time. I was probably rather shy, but I don't remember being afraid.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
At work I'm firmly ensconced on the Naughty List, despite my best efforts to change that. I was actually told it would be easier to deal with me if I was angry all the time. I believe I'm done being friendly with the majority of my coworkers if that's the guff I get back from the boss, who of course won't (can't) tell me specifically who is "afraid" of me, just that "people" are. So my (early) New Year's Resolution is that I will discuss work-related issues only when I'm at work. I've blocked all but two coworkers from most of my Facebook posts (because apparently someone went running to Daddy the boss about something I posted there in which I used zero names or specifics). So, yeah, not feeling overly Nice.
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
I shipped the Christmas ornament of the year to all the great-nephews. Next year there'll be great-nieces! In fact, any second now there'll be girls--Rosellen is massively pregnant with twins. Anyway. The farthest away I shipped was Leicester, England, for Simi and A.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
Of course I did! :-)
5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie?
I don't really care about holiday movies. We didn't watch any this year at all. Yesterday, we caught the last half of "Ghostbusters" which is a weird movie for Christmas.
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
I have, a couple of times! The one I remember vividly is the year my Dad and Ellen died, we left Sparky with my mom and went to see "Little Women"--the Winona Ryder version--across the street from her apartment. It was a lovely day, and a lovely movie.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
I try to behave, and only embarrass myself to the extent that I have a horrible tendency to develop foot-in-mouth disease at bad times, but not limited to parties, and not brought on by over-festive-ness.
8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
The same as any other time of year. Oh, I'll have tea occasionally, but not that often.
9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
I don't remember much about Christmas Day last year. We were prepping for our trip to Pasadena to see the Tournament of Roses Parade, and Sparky was prepping for his month-long study in Hawaii. Last year was also the first time we all went to the Christkindlmarkt in the Giant City Near Us. I hope it won't be the last, though this year it wasn't happening because of Beast's medical situation.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Glad Beast is home and progressing nicely! :-)

CountryDew said...

I'm sorry, but having read your blog for some time now, I have a difficult time seeing you as a grouchy/angry/naughty person. Besides that, you have a medical issue at home and that kind of stress is hard on anybody. No empathy at your place of employment?

Cat. said...

Aw, Dew, that's kind of you. I don't think I am generally any of those things, but my boss has DECIDED I have issues, so at this point it's a self-fulfilling prophecy every time I get upset with someone that I'm ANGRY and PARANOID. So I'll sit in my cubicle, do my job, say everything's Just Fine, and vent online only--and stay out of the lives of everyone at work, except when I am in the boss's office talking about them. Because apparently, that's what he wants.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.