Saturday, December 22, 2012

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
I was probably kind of afraid of Santa, but I know I stood in line at least once with Mom at the mall to see him, when I was either 6 or 7 (because the mall wasn't there before that, and I'm pretty sure by 2nd grade I was done with Santa). I don't recall ever writing a letter, but I did make lists. Yes, even then I was a listmaker!
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
Always on the Nice list. Always!
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
I shipped stuff to my great-nephews, the one in Tennessee, and the brand-new one in England. The latter is the furthest.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
Yes, I did: new wooden salad forks from the Fair Trade store (to replace the ones that cracked and broke a couple of years ago), and some smaller spoons (for dips, etc.). All are carved with animal forms.
5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie?
Meh. I'm not really one to rewatch movies for tradition's sake. We did catch "Scrooged" last night though.
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
Yes, we did the year my dad died. There was a theater right across the street from their apartment, so we left Sparky with my mom and saw "Little Women." I enjoyed it, aside from the messed up wrist that plagued me for over a year as a result of slamming into the fire exit bar on the door out of the apartment building wrong (the door didn't open). Thinking about suggesting a movie this year as well....
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
Nope. Well, I mean MY company Christmas party is always full of The Loud-and-Silly, so I never compete in that arena. Beast hasn't had a Christmas party (by that or any other name) in at least 5 years, and I always totally behaved at those.
8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
I don't suit my intake to the weather for the most part: Diet Dr. Pepper reigns supreme year-round.
9. What will you remember most about 2012?
Beast's back pain, surgery and recovery, the fact that none of the funerals we went to were family-related (for the first time since 2005), and some other non-bloggable things.

3 sweet-talkers :

katie eggeman said...

After I quit believing in Santa, I became a confirmed list maker too.

The Gal Herself said...

Little Women is a great movie for the holidays! Thanks for reminding me.

NerdBliss said...

I saw "Little Women" in the theater on Christmas Day, too. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Mine was in the Navy back then and out to sea for Christmas. When that happened, we would hold the celebrating until whenever he got home and spend the whole day at the movies.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.