Saturday, November 7, 2015

Psychics and carhops

(Found here)

→ Are you moody in the morning?
Not usually. I've always been an easy riser, unlike my sister Marie who is positively catatonic for at least a half hour after getting up. It's weird that two people can seem so similar and so very different.
→ Have you ever behaved like a stalker?
I Facebook stalk lots of people, very effectively. And I never post creepy things or whatever, or let them know that I visited. I don't physically stalk people though. That's just icky.
→ Do you appreciate other people’s opinions?
Depends on the opinion, right? Some opinions aren't worth the paper they're printed on. If someone can express their feelings coherently and follow conversational rules (i.e. no shouting, no name-calling), I'll listen.
→ Does baby corn freak you out?
Well it's a bit weird, but it doesn't freak me out. I just eat it and move on to the peapods.
→ Can you lie and keep a straight face?
It's a skill I developed as a fairly young child, yes.
→ Have you ever feared for somebody else’s life?
Yes. I mean, if you answer this "no" then I might think you have some empathy issues.
→ Do you prefer honesty even when it hurts?
I'd prefer it not hurt, but overall, yes I prefer honesty to lies.
→ Have you ever consulted a psychic?
Nope.
→ If yes, do you consider yourself a moron?
Uh, wow, that's pretty harsh. Good thing it doesn't apply in my case, I guess.
→ Does the opposite sex’s BO turn you on?
As a general rule, that would be a seriously loud NO! However, I have to say that the smell of honest sweat after a lot of hard work isn't horrible. It's the smell of BO on clothes that should have been washed a few days' sooner that is gross. Also, BO on people between the ages of about 12 to 16 is rancid pretty much across the board.
→ Have you ever stayed in a relationship out of habit?
That might be a description of a large number of marriages. ;-)
→ Have you ever deliberately not told someone that they had something in their teeth?
"Deliberately"? No, though I suppose I might have delayed till a good moment presented itself. Generally, though, I'm rather brash about this kind of stuff. I wish other people were as well.
→ What was the best decision you've made?
There've been a lot of good ones. Recently, I suppose the biggest good one was trusting myself to get that freakin' RV managed while we were on vacation and Beast was hospitalized. Though I don't know what other option I had, I guess I could have just turned into a whiny, needy crybaby and slept on the floor of the hospital overnight....
→ Do you have a father or mother complex?
I don't think so. I mean, I'm nearly 52 years old and my parents are both dead, so I hope not!
→ If you could pick your own pet name, what would it be?
Hmm, I don't think pet names work that way. I think they have to be sort of ... unintentional.
→ Have you ever masturbated while driving?
No, I don't think I have. Gee, something to add to the (non-existent) bucket list.
→ How do you feel when someone takes the last of something?
Depends. If it was something I actually needed rather than, say, a cookie, I'd be angry. People at work are constantly using the last printer cartridges (especially) for the public printer without letting anyone know that we're out, so the next person to run out has nothing and we have to overnight one. Is it really that hard to leave a note?? Yes, apparently, it is. People suck. These are the same people who probably use all but the last 2 squares of toilet paper and don't change the roll. Thank God I don't live with them.
→ How do you feel when people tell you "bless you" or "gesundheit" when you sneeze?
I appreciate being noticed. People around here kind of say it to everyone rather mindlessly. It's sweet.
→ What're you supposed to say when somebody coughs?
I don't know about "supposed to" but I usually don't say anything unless it's someone I know having a coughing fit and then I usually ask if there's anything I can get them, or "You okay? Need some water?"
→ Do you care what’s going on in the world?
I care about the stuff I care about. Yes, I know that makes me idiotic, but honestly I don't give the slightest shit about families whose names start with K, nor about traffic patterns in Staffordshire. Some people do.
→ Do you pronounce a second "r" in "sherbet" or an "r" in "wash"?
When I was little, my dad used to call it "Sure, Bert" and laugh loud and long. I never got it. When I called it that, I got told I was saying it wrong. And, yeah, we grew up saying "warsh," but my sister Marie shamed us into learning the right way to say it after she got teased endlessly when she went off to college.
→ Do you throw temper tantrums?
Unfortunately, I do have a tendency toward this. It's not pretty.
→ Have you ever committed a violent crime because of a video game or rap song?
Yeah, no. Since I don't play violent video games, or listen to violent rap. And anyway, I don't think there's truly a one-to-one causative relationship between either of those things and violent actions IRL.
→ Have you ever actually overheard one of your friends talking shit about you?
Hello, Middle School: your MO is calling. Of course I have!
→ How many partners is too many?
Are we square dancing or running a relay race? In all seriousness, I could never keep track of more than one persons' issues.
→ Do you know what the "MySpace Angles" are?
I do now.
→ Is Tom still your friend and if yes, why?
As the person before me said, "How old is this survey?"
→ Do you have a sponge frog next to your sink?
I have no frogs in my house, living, dead or "artistic."
→ Do you believe that wearing an aluminum foil hat will stop the government from reading your thoughts?
I do. And since they're welcome to most of them, I don't wear one.
→ Would you rather have a hook for a hand or a peg leg?
I don't think those are legit options these days in the U.S. I'd rather have a blade to replace my leg, or a bionic hand.
→ Do you tip the carhops at Sonic?
There are no Sonics around here. Are you supposed to tip them? I have no idea!
→ Have you gotten drunk specifically to lower your inhibitions?
Of course. That's pretty much one of the main reasons to get drunk, innit?
→ How close does someone have to be for you to feel obligated to wait and hold the door for them?
That is one of those questions of the ages. It's probably 3 feet or so, because more than than and it's just awkward.
→ Do you give "breaks" to people who don’t deserve them?
All the time. In fact, to some extent, I get paid to do that.
→ Have you ever been walked in on?
While doing what? Having sex? No. Going to the bathroom? More than once. Changing clothes? Yup. I grew up in a house with a lot of people--there wasn't always a lot of privacy.
→ Do you think you’re better than everyone?
I am, at some things. Overall, though, nope.
→ What do you take to a pot luck?
Good Lord it's been forever since I've been at a legit potluck! My church doesn't really do them anymore, not exactly. The women's group I belong to (not a church group) does have one twice a year, but we are either "assigned" specific things (A-L names bring salad, M-Z bring dessert) or everyone brings a sandwich to cut in half and we share around.
→ Do you examine the tissue after you blow your nose?
I wouldn't call it an examination, but I do make sure I'm not bleeding or obviously ill.
→ How do you know when you're an adult?
It has something to do with Having Responsibilities, or Debts, or buying a furnace. Or understanding escrow.
→ What's your cure for the hiccups?
I usually go with holding my breath. If that doesn't work, I'll hold my breath and drink a big glass of water. Or two. It's rare for the situation to persist for me after that, but I have been known to drink backwards out of that glass, which is, at the very least, entertaining for the crowd.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

This will end up in my Stealing folder for a rainy day. ;-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.