Monday, September 14, 2015

... it stays with you

(from the Aimster)

Have you ever been to Legoland®?
Perish the thought! We have a Lego (technically, Duplo) table at work, and I think I've developed a strong repulsion toward the firm because of all the cleanup I've had to do around it over the years. Not to mention the zillions of pieces I've picked up at home. And at other kids' houses when I've babysat. ...I used to like Legos, too.
Have you ever done something heroic?
Nothing I would consider heroic. I suppose the definition of heroic is rather malleable though, so what I would call heroic might not fit your concept of it. And vice versa.
Have you ever built a snowman?
Considering I've lived in snowy climates my entire life, I've created surprisingly few of these. Like, maybe two?
Do you have any lucky items, objects or traditions?
I keep my one-year coin in my wallet and take it out occasionally to ponder. I should get a two-year coin next month. I always have Chapstick (or something like it) in my right front pants pocket. I actually feel a little freaked out if it's not there--this is a 25-year or more habit. I think I may have some other tics that I'm totally unaware of.
Do you have any superstitions?
There is a patron whose name NO ONE is allowed to speak at work! Somehow, whenever we mention that "E.E." hasn't been seen in awhile ... she shows up within the next 48 hours. There are some other work things that we all subscribe to. I do touch wood when I say something that might bring bad luck.
What's your favourite Movie quote?
" I don't patronize bunny rabbits." (Heathers)
Do you wear sunglasses indoors to look cool or stylish?
Nope. I don't actually own sunglasses per se.
Are you a hat person?
I like hats, but I really hate hat-hair, so I don't wear them very often at all.
Do you prefer digital or rotary/analogue clocks?
I'm not fussy. I do, however, like clocks to either match exactly with the rest of those in the building, or be set differently ON PURPOSE. For instance, the clock on my nightstand is set, intentionally, 10 minutes ahead of 'real time.' All the clocks at work say something different. It makes me nuts.
Have you ever been to a gym?
WTF? What planet did you grow up on that you didn't have to take gym class every goddamn year of your educational career?!
Of course. I've also been to a YMCA and a couple of workout centers. I am so very worldly.
Have you ever been wolf-whistled in public?
Yes. Ugh. The first time was when I was, like, 11 and sitting in my front yard. {{shudder}}
Have you ever been approached by someone who knew you but you couldn't remember them for the life of you?
Yes. Well, technically, no. Lots of people recognize me, some of them legitimately know me from work. I'm horrible at faces and names though so that does happen. And then there are the people who ask me if I used to live in [town I've never heard of] because I look just like the [grocery store clerk, school principal, librarian, whatever] there. It freakin' happened at the DOCTOR last week for cryin' out loud!
What do you do to keep fit?
I don't.
How often do you wash your ears?
Every time I wash my hair.
Could you go out with someone who had a child from a previous relationship?
As I've said before, I'm sure Beast would frown upon this arrangement. If there were no Beast in my life, I would think it would be pretty much impossible for me to date someone suitable who didn't have kids. At this point, said kids would likely be adults. It would be interesting.
How much would it cost to buy your love?
Depends on the day. Today, 50 cents and my phone number might do it.
What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
Hospitalizations count, right? Also, dealing with some of the bullshit Beast has pulled over the last 5 years has been ... harder than anything I could've imagined.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.