Saturday, August 22, 2015

the world shrieks and sinks talons into our hearts. This we call memory

(From Amy...with her title)

Have you ever written a love letter?
Yes. The question really should be whether I've ever mailed that letter. ;-) [yes, I have done this--several of them--written and mailed]
How many Valentine's cards did you receive this year?
I think I got one from Beast...? That was over 6 months ago...who knows, really. The only person in my immediate family who's in trouble for lack of cards is NOT Beast.
Have you ever made a ball of twine or rubber bands?
Better a ball than finding the twine all over the floor/drawer tangled in everything else. As for rubber bands, I once bought a ball of them...and the vast majority dried up before I could put them to use. I almost never use them. I don't like the way they make my hands smell. OTOH, I used to chew on them when I was a kid. Yeee-uuuuck!!
Could you ever be a living organ donor?
I could! Just ask. I've been on the bone marrow registry for over 20 years, waiting.
Have you ever made someone cry?
I am Mommy, hear me roar! Usually roaring involves "no," of course. And I've caused tears in others too, including (I'm sure) my parents and other family and friends near and far.
If you could have a full scholarship to any university what would you choose to study?
Theology? I wouldn't mind going to seminary...IF I had all the time and money in the world, and patience to deal with the more 'traditional' students.
Do you prefer honey or jam?
Honey. No contest. The fresher the better. I don't like chunks in my bread-spread.
How fast can you get changed?
If it's a one-for-one change--T-shirt/jeans to T-shirt/jeans--probably 90 seconds. If socks, underwear, jewelry, or a change in the level of dressiness is involved, it could take me 20 minutes or so. Or more if we're adding in nylons and a totally different hairstyle. And of course, this assumes that the clothes I'm changing into have already been pulled together before I start shedding.
Would you rather be the fella in a movie who gets the girl or the baddie with all the good lines?
Oh, I'm all about the sidekick with all the good lines. That doesn't mean I'm a baddie, but I prefer comedy to romance.
Would you rather have a man's top half and a woman's bottom half or visa versa?
I'd pretty much rather be one or the other all over, my apologies to hermaphrodites and intergender people everywhere.
If you met a genie who offered you three wishes, what would you wish for? "More wishes" does not count!
First would be that all the kids living horrible lives be sorted into better living conditions.
Secondly, everyone forgets everything about how to build nuclear armaments and the mere thought of developing them becomes as taboo as incest across all cultures (and we can safely dismantle the bombs already extant).
Finally, people who make their living off fostering hatefulness all develop a horrific, new, incurable visually-repulsive disease that can only be cured by being kind 24/7 for at least 10 years.
Have you ever been fishing?
I have. Twice. Maybe thrice. Yaaawwwwwnnnnn.
What was the last social faux pas you made?
I would think that walking into the workroom yesterday at about 4:02 and, as I walked the 20 feet to my desk, saying with increasing volume as I approached said work area, "...fuck fuck fuck Fuck Fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK!!" would count, no? There are some infuriatingly stupid people in the world. And no, this is not in reference to a coworker, either.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.