Saturday, May 2, 2015

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Careless Whisper (1984)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) You can't miss George Michael's gold hoops in the photo above or in the "Careless Whisper" video. Are you wearing any jewelry right now?
I have Fimo clay earrings in. I just took off a couple of necklaces. Oh and my wedding, engagement and anniversary rings, of course.
2) Though the label says this hit is performed by "Wham! featuring George Michael," George Michael is the only member of the pop duo who appears in the video. Do you remember the name of the other guy who was in Wham?
Andrew Ridgeley. Who is still freakin' gorgeous, even almost hairless on top!
3) Much of the video was filmed on Watson Island, a man-made island near South Beach. Have you ever been to Miami?
Nope. I have zero interest in Miami.
4) Born Georgios Panayiotou, George Michael is of Greek descent, the son of the Greek restauranteur in East London. When you think of Greek cuisine, what comes to mind?
Spanikopita, grape leaves, moussaka, ouzo, phyllo dough, gyros, feta cheese, dolmades....
5) Today he lives in a tony suburb called Highgate, and his neighbors are Kate Moss and Sting. Tell us about one of your neighbors.
One of our neighbors, Nancy, just moved out this week. We are getting new neighbors. I hope there are kids.
6) George Michael fans can purchase officially licensed merchandise from his website, including an iPhone cover with his photo and signature. Tell us about your cell phone. Is it Apple or Android? Is it a smartphone?
I have a 2.5-year-old Samsung that I adore. I rarely use it for calls, but I text/IM/PM, take pictures, Facebook, play games, make lists (shopping and otherwise), check weather, listen to music, read books....OMG. How did I live without it?!
7) George Michael sang Stevie Wonder's "You and I" for Prince William's wedding to Kate Middleton. What's your favorite love song?
I'm not a huge fan of love songs. I do like "Fuckin' Perfect" and "The Sweetest Thing."
8) In 2014, George had a health scare. He was rushed to the hospital for tests and released the next day. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Nope. I suspect most of the time the whole ambulance ride is 'wasted' on the people who need it the most.
9) Known for hard partying in his youth, George is now in his 50s and says he's quite happy to spend his evenings eating takeout and watching DVDs. Are you doing any socializing this weekend?
I had a day-long women's retreat today, which was fun, and the weather was beautiful so being outside was delightful. Tomorrow is Confirmation Sunday, and then there's a party we're invited to for one of the kids afterwards. The first two weeks of May are crazy-busy for us this year.

2 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I feel the same way about my iPhone.

The Gal Herself said...

I'm afraid if I got a smart phone, I might be on it *all* the time. I worry that those data charges would add really up. Sometimes I long for the more uncomplicated times when all a family had was a Bell Telephone tethered to the wall.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.