Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Thinking Out Loud (2014)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's featured artist, Ed Sheeran, was discovered by Elton John. Tell us your favorite Elton John song.
Not the orgy in Disneyland one...but maybe "Benny & the Jets"? There are a lot of good, old ones.
2) Ed's arms are covered in tattoos, so clearly he doesn't suffer from trypanophobia, or the fear of needles. Do you get nervous when the doctor gives you a shot?
I don't get nervous, but I really don't like seeing the needle go in. Or looking too closely at needles IN my body (i.e. IVs, or {{shudder}} acupuncture).
3) One of his tattoos depicts a Heinz Tomato Ketchup label. What condiments are in your kitchen right now?
From memory, I think... 2 bottles of ketchup (no clue), two varieties of mustard, Worcestershire sauce, A1, soy sauce, and some kind of hot pepper sauce like Tabasco. And probably others I don't remember.
4) Spotify named Sheeran the most-streamed artist in the world for 2014. Do you use Spotify? Pandora?
I use Spotify every single day at work to keep me from murdering the people around me in my cubicle. I have a Pandora account, but haven't used it in eons.
5) Ed celebrated his success by purchasing a farm near Suffolk, England. Would you prefer to live in a rural, suburban or urban area?
Can I have a place in each? I like (some) cities, and I like the country, and suburbia is a decent halfway point for shopping and "life stuff" (gyms, medical offices, etc.).
6) In this song, Ed sings about kissing "under the light of one thousand stars." Were you able to see the stars last night? Or was it it too cloudy or overcast?
I honestly don't remember. I did see planes lined up to land at the Big Freakin' Airport 35 miles east of us, but I don't remember seeing stars. I was mostly busy driving.
7) Ed is a natural red head, a trait he shares with only about 2% of the population. Does red hair run in your family?
Sparky in high school physics,
5 years ago. Yay electricity!!
Sparky has auburn hair (see photo). My dad had the same color hair as Sparky, though I only remember it as white. And Beast's brother's beard came in ginger even though he's a dark blond on top. I know a TON of natural gingers, though. It's weird.
8) One of Clairol's most popular shades is a red (Nice 'n Easy Natural Light Auburn). Have you/would you dye your hair?
I used to dye it, but gave it up about 3 years ago. I don't like the maintenance and the cost, and I really do NOT mind having my (very apparent) gray hair show. It's moving toward half and half at this point. It's not awful. I like white hair!
9) Random question: Look at the windows in the room you're in. Are they covered in curtains or blinds?
Blinds. Curtains are dust-collectors. To be honest, so are these blinds. It may be time to clean them or replace them. Oops, actually, there are curtains in the dining room--cafe style, so we have some actual privacy in there while eating.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

Your Elton link made me laugh out loud.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.