Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Random 20

1. Have you had an argument with anyone recently? If so, do you still have issues with that person?
Beast and I had a pretty intense discussion yesterday. Do we still have issues? Yes. Was yesterday's resolved. I think so.
Otherwise, I haven't had an argument with anyone. My temper is gradually becoming more biddable.
2. Are you talking to anyone while filling this in? How about texting/chatting on Facebook?
I'm alone in the house with two guinea pigs. Beast is on his way home from church after a post-church meeting. He just told me via text he's stopping for gas, via text, so he will probably be walking in the door at some point while I'm still filling this out.
3. Have you done something recently that helped someone else, in any way?
I taught Sunday School this morning, so there is a faint hope that something I said stuck for one of those squirrels. Also, I helped a few people on Friday at work, it being my job and all.
4. Who was the last person to pay you a compliment?
Vickie.
5. Is there anything that’s happened in the past month, that you wish you could go back in time and change?
Pretty much every day there's something I wish had happened differently.
6. What colour is your purse/wallet?
My wallet--I don't carry a purse--is dark green leather with the Packer "G" embossed on it. It has black polka-dot duct tape holding a seam together inside.
7. What’s the closest item to you that’s black?
The laptop inside is almost all black, except for the screen right now. The screen of my cell is black. Some shoes on the floor in front of the couch are black. The background on the footstool is black. The text of the magazine open next to me is black. I think that's all.
8. Think about what you looked like 5 years ago. How did you look different, compared to the way you look now?
I had longer, differently-colored hair, and I was probably 20 lbs. lighter. Probably less wrinkly and my skin hadn't started to have that weird 'old' texture around my throat and upper chest. Different glasses too.
9. Before Facebook became popular, did you use any other social networking site, like Bebo or Myspace?
I had--probably still have?--a MySpace account, but I couldn't figure out why, or what to do with it. I signed up for Friendster, but never used it. Mostly, I blogged and emailed.
10. Has someone of the opposite sex ever sung to you? If so, how did you respond to it?
Actually yes. I can't remember the details, to be honest, because I was totally mortified.
11. When did you last hug someone of the opposite sex?
This morning, maybe at church? If not, I did hug Beast before I left for Sunday School.
12. Have you ever seen the film “Casablanca”? Did you like it?
I really really need to watch this film! It's one of the few "you have GOT to see it!" things that seems like something I'd actually enjoy.
13. Do you have a relative whose name begins with ‘L’? Tell me about him/her.
One of my sister's real name--as opposed to her blog name--started with L. She was a fun, intense, thoughtful, 'spicy' person and I miss her sense of adventure and positive attitude and honesty more than I can explain. She died 19 years 10 months ago and one day ago, which was about 25 years longer than most people expected when she was about 21. Anyone who says that grief gets easier with time isn't telling the whole truth. I don't cry every day anymore, but I'm starting to tear up right now. Shit.
14. Are you a secretive person?
Uhm, yes. I prefer to call it "super-private" but whatever.
15. When did you last eat?
I had half a donut after church which seems to have carried me well for the past two hours. I should probably go get something a little more substantial, but I'm really not that hungry.
16. If you were going to buy a present for a special person, what would you generally choose?
I almost always try for useful things, or fun things. If it's useful AND fun, so much the better. I bought $350 worth of Christmas ornaments at Hallmark yesterday for gifts. Because I'm totally insane...
17. If I’m going to buy you a box of chocolates, which kind should I definitely NOT get?
I do not like fruit and chocolate together. And mint chocolate is not my thing either. Otherwise, I'm not too fussy.
18. Is there something you generally always ask for help with?
Yardwork. Being outside near growing things here brings on allergies like gangbusters. I also usually as for help with lifting large unwieldy things because I don't trust my sense of balance even without carrying anything!
19. If you had to give up your phone or your computer, which would it be?
Oooh. I can use both for almost everything, but I'd have to Skype everyone with my computer. So, I'll go with keeping my phone. But I can't really surf the net effectively on my phone. Or post to Blogger. ;-)
20. Has anyone called you gorgeous/beautiful today?
Not that I'm aware of. That's fine: I have a big-ass zit erupting on my nose, so I'm not feeling too beautiful today anyway.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I wish I could figure out a good way to post to Blogger from my iPhone/iPad.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.