Saturday, October 11, 2014

Patrick's Place

(Link in meme-roll)
Saturday Six

1. How old were you when you received your first paycheck?
I got my first real job in high school, after I turned 16. I think it was the spring of 1980?
2. What was the first hourly wage you remember?
I earned $2.85 (minimum wage) for shelving at my library. Eventually, that was raised to $3-something before I left the job.
3. How many different employers have you worked for?
I temped for a summer in college, so ... yeah. Excluding that stretch, and babysitting, I think I've gotten paychecks from about 8 employers as I recall. If I include the exclusions, it would be north of 50 easily.
4. How many different jobs (positions, titles, etc.) have you had at those various employers?
Good Lord, we're back to 50+! I don't think I've EVER worked at a place where I had just one "job title" that included all my duties!
5. Of the jobs you’ve held, which was your absolute least favorite and why?
I did not enjoy working for minimum wage in the Italian bistro kitchen. It was bloody HARD work in the summer with no air-conditioning and the potential for burns and cuts was ever-present. I also didn't enjoy waiting tables (different workplace) because it too was REALLY hard work. Both those jobs taught me a great deal in a short amount of time, mostly that I didn't really want to do either of them as a career.
6. Of the jobs you’ve held, which is your most favorite and why?
I love my current job and workplace because I'm able to do lots of different "thinky" things all day, as well as many "I'm too tired to think" tasks for when energy ebbs. I like all the people I work with (well, the staff--the public sometimes tests my equanimity) and sometimes I even get to play with kids. It's definitely not boring. What's not to like??

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.