Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Roar
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.

1) The lyrics begin with Katy singing about when she used to "hold her tongue." Tell us about a time when you didn't speak up, but wish you had.
Most of high school was like this. I still find myself tongue-tied when one of my family members (usually my brother) says hurtful things. I have a hard time standing up for myself with siblings, an outgrowth of being the youngest of the crew.
2) The lyrics mention both lions and tigers. In addition to the big cats, the video shows a monkey and an elephant. If we were going to the zoo today, which animal would you want to see first?
The wolves and the penguins. I also love watching the seals swim around; they're so flirty.
3) Lions and tigers are carnivores. If we were having steak for dinner, would you order it rare, medium or well done?
I'm a firm medium girl: a little pink is fine, and definitely not burnt at all.
4) Lots of photos are snapped at the zoo. Did you take your last picture with a camera or with your phone?
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure where my camera is. I pretty much only use my phone.
5) The "Roar" video takes place in the jungle. The average temperature all year around in the rainforest is a humid 80º. The typical September day in Juneau is 49º, dry and sunny. Which sounds more comfortable?
Juneau. No contest. I absolutely LOATHE humidity.
6) In her youth, Katy took dance lessons at the local recreation hall in Santa Barbara. Crazy Sam took tap dance lessons as a girl, too. What about you? Were you sent off to dance class? Music lessons? Art class?
I wish. My parents didn't have the money, or, really, the inclination to do this sort of thing. OK, I did have piano lessons for a year or so as a child, and then when I took up flute they paid for lessons on that. Otherwise, nope. I'd've killed for dance lessons.
7) Katy recently passed Justin Bieber as the most followed person on Twitter. What's the last message you re-tweeted?
I haven't used Twitter regularly in almost 2 years, although it might have been a reply-retweet asking why these French people keep sending me shit. My Twitter handle must mean something in France...
8) Congratulations! You just won the lottery! Do you want it in a lump sum, or would you prefer payments over the next 25 years?
Lump sum, then I'd set up a trust or something to "pay" me in installments. I want to get the taxes on it paid now.
9) Did you get 8 hours sleep last night?
Probably the closest I've been to 8 hours in over two weeks, but no. I was in bed before 10, read for awhile, checked to see if Beast was coming up to bed--"in a couple minutes"--and decided to wait for him, waited for over an hour before he finally came up, and then was pissed off and couldn't get into deep sleep till 2 or 3. Yes, I know this defines all kinds of pathology. ...sigh... I woke up from my not-very-deep doze at about 9. What I wouldn't give for 8 full hours of uninterrupted sleep.

7 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I hate that my sleep is interrupted so often as I get older. Something else I took for granted in my youth!

The Gal Herself said...

No one seems up for travel to the exotic, but humid, jungle this morning.

CountryDew said...

Getting the taxes over with on a lottery win is a good idea; I like the notion of a self- trust.

Anonymous said...

i didn't think about the taxes. hmm. that makes me rethink my plan. :P

I am Harriet said...

Seems like there are a lot of humidity haters playing this week. Myself included

Unknown said...

My sleep is always interrupted as well. But I have a baby.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Sorry about the lousy sleep. No fun in that! Noise from outside, and inside from a fussing little dog, usually wakes me up several times a night. It's easier to get back to sleep now, though. *knocks 0n Wood*

Your answer to 8 sounds like smart, smart. Get rid of the taxes asap!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.