Saturday, September 6, 2014

Friday 5

(Link in meme-roll)
Swimmingly

  1. Where and how did you learn to swim?
  2. I didn't/haven't. I hate having water in my ears and I can't see anything without my glasses so it's an altogether spooky experience for me to be in a pool.
  3. How far away is the nearest swimmable body of fresh water, and how’s the swimming there?
  4. We live in a town with "Lake" in the name and our house is, according to Google Maps 1.8 miles from the lake (via roads--we're actually closer than that as the crow flies). However, I wouldn't even want to dangle my feet in the water of that lake; it's renowned for being full of things that cause lake rash.
  5. How long has it been since you’ve been for a swim?
  6. Uhm, well...I haven't been in a body of water (river/lake/pool) in about 8 years. I don't even have a suit anymore.
  7. What’s the nearest community swimming pool like?
  8. It's quite nice with lots of fun features and slides for kids, plus a lap pool for serious swimmers and a zero-depth pool for babies and toddlers.
  9. What experience do you have with jumping off stuff and into water?
  10. That would be zero intentional experience. I've fallen in a few creeks, but I definitely do not do this intentionally. See #1.

1 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I used to love swimming. Even lap swimming. Not so much now, it's too much hassle.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.