Saturday, July 5, 2014

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)

1) This week's song was performed by James Cagney in the famous movie of the same name. Do you plan on going to the movies this holiday weekend?
No. I've been noodling around going to the drive-in this summer at some point, though.
2) Though known for his larger-than-life screen presence, Cagney was only 5'5". How tall are you?
Between 171 and 172 cm.
3) During the Revolutionary War, General Washington celebrated the 4th of July by giving his troops a double ration of rum. Will you imbibe any spirits this holiday weekend?
We're a dry household these days when Beast is around.
4) American history was one of Crazy Sam's best subjects in school. In which class did you earn your best grades?
History and English were my favorites, but I did ok in Science and Math for the most part as well. And music and art. The only class I didn't get solid As in was gym.
5) The Fourth of July means we're in the middle of summer. Are you careful about applying sunscreen?
Yes. But I'm also not outside much this time of year.
6) Mosquito bites can be a major summer annoyance. Are you scratching any itches right now?
Nope. See above re outside time. I did have a couple long-life bites in May.
7) Emergency rooms report an increase in wrist injuries in summer, with people falling off bikes and skateboards and jamming their wrists catching hard-hit softballs. Have you ever had a sports-related injury?
One of my middle fingers is crooked from jamming it into a basketball during practice in 7th grade. That was my only basketball season. I also got hit the face with a baseball in gym class in junior high, but all it damaged was my glasses. Good excuse to sit out the rest of baseball rotation!
8) New York is home to Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest every year on the 4th. Will hot dogs be consumed in your household this weekend?
Yeah. I usually eat them right out of the package, cold. Or I cut them up into mac 'n cheese.
9) Atlanta hosts a 10K Peachtree Road Race every 4th of July. Are you a runner?
Only if someone with a machete is chasing me.

2 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

You reminded me that I DO have a sports related injury! The little finger of my right hand has a bump where I popped it out playing volley ball. I never went to the ER, though. Maybe if I had, that unsightly bump wouldn't be there.

I think it's terrific there's still a drive in near you.

Kwizgiver said...

I don't know how I forgot that I broke the fingers of one hand playing field hockey! I was a rough full back.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.