Monday, January 13, 2014

rather random

(Swiped from Kwizgiver)

How old were you when you had your first kiss? Presuming we're talking about dating kisses, not night-night kisses...I was about 16. I think.

If I handed you a concert ticket right now, who would you want to be the performer? Melissa Etheridge. Honestly, though, I think I'd prefer a backstage pass over a ticket. I think I'm essentially done with concerts in the traditional sense; I just do not like crowds.

What color looks best on you? I've been told yellows and purples work for me. I wear a lot of brown, blue and black, though.

Name three facts about your family? My dad was born on a homestead his parents were trying to prove. My mom graduated high school at age 16 and supported her family for the next three years before getting married. We are the most stereotypically-emotional Mediterranean non-Mediterranean family I've ever met.

What's the best thing you can cook? I make a mean mac and cheese!

If you could pick the gender and appearance of your child, would you? As in designer genes? Well, no, but I wouldn't be averse to eliminating obvious illnesses once we get a good handle on those.

If you died right now, what song would you want to play at your funeral? Oh I have a list of hymns, not to worry: A Mighty Fortress, Amazing Grace, Morning Has Broken, Here I Am Lord, Pass It On.... My funeral could easily end up as a lengthy old-fashioned hymn-sing.

Favorite holiday dish? Which holiday? Honestly, except for Thanksgiving, anything I don't have to cook is my favorite!

Would you ever get into a long distance relationship? I'm already in long-distance relationships with my besties and most of my extended family.

Favorite kind of soup? Wild rice.

What's the most thoughtful present you've ever received? Oh, hell, I dunno. I have received loads of thoughtful gifts over the years. Beast is good at that. So are most of my friends.

Are you currently in love with someone? Sure.

Would you ever become a vegan? Not unless a doctor told me I had to, or die in short order.

What’s your favorite hot beverage? Black tea, black, no sugar.

For your birthday, what kind of cake do you ask for? White or yellow cake with lots of buttercream or cream-cheese frosting.

Do you like going on airplanes? I like getting off of them more. Seriously, I used to love to travel, but in the last few years it has gotten to be a serious pain in the butt.

Did you ever play an instrument? If so what? I took piano for a couple of years, and played flute in junior high and high school. And a year of college, I guess, though that was a huge waste of my time.

Who was your best friend when you were six years old? One of the Lauras in my life, I suppose.

What color was your childhood home? Hmm. I think it was sort of terracotta for awhile, but when I was older it was a very pale pink. There are pictures from when I was a baby in which it was very pale green. It's stucco, so yeah: paint.

Starbucks order? I haven't been in a Starbucks in eons, but probably either tea or a soft drink.

Do you like where you're from? I love where I'm from and I'm resigned to where I live.

What was your favorite book as a child? If it wasn't in a foreign language, I loved it! I probably read somewhere between 5 and 10 books a week EVERY WEEK as a child. Don't even ask....

What's the scariest dream you've ever had? As a child I used to have nightmares about perfectly round circles; the perfection of them was the terrifying part. Those faded once I got into my teens, but the memory of trying to explain that I was being menaced and chased by geometric shapes is etched into my brain forever.

Would you rather carve pumpkins or wrap presents? Either way, I'm not fussy. I'm not all that great at either task, to be honest.

Favorite kind of candy? Not a huge fan of chocolate--though I'll eat it of course. I prefer Twizzlers, or Smarties, or Sweet-Tarts, or Sourpatch Kids.

Would you rather be cold or hot? If there's no humidity, I have no problem whatsoever with being hot.

Do you listen to what's on the radio? I do not. There is rarely a radio on anywhere in my life. Unless we're talking about Spotify radio....

Do you like when it rains? I like short rainstorms. I especially like the kind that bring in that ozone-y smell before and after. But I do NOT like days-long rain; day-after-day cloud cover makes me consider seppuku.

What’s a movie you cried while watching? What movie haven't I cried while watching?? Well, ok, there are a few, but I always, always cry while watching the original Dr. Zhivago.

Do you think you're important? Sure.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.