Friday, October 4, 2013

The Friday FIve

(Link in meme-roll)
Computers!

When did you/your family get your first computer?
My parents got a computer in about 1988, give or take a year either way. Beast and I bought our first one in about 1990 or 1991.
What type of computer was it?
I think ours was an Acer. So yeah, an IBM clone.
What were your favorite things to do on your first computer?
We subscribed to Prodigy, primarily because my parents were signed up with it and I wanted to be able to email them. I found a place to hang out there in the BBS section, in a Star Trek board. We had good times there. I also played Tetris, using floppies; 5 1/4" floppies.
When did you/your family first connect to the Internet?
If Prodigy counts, we were on right away. We jumped to AOL when Prodigy died, but that probably only lasted a couple of years, tops.
How did you spend time online when you first connected?
See above re BBS.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.