Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday 9

(Link in meme-roll)
Come to My Window*
Melissa Etheridge is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detection.

1) This song is about a woman passionate about love and willing to pursue it, no matter what "they say." Are you fearless when it comes to public opinion? Or do you worry about what "they" think of you?
Depends. If I'm pretty solid in my opinion and feel like I can back it up, I don't care. There are few areas where I don't care that I can't back it up, I'm still pretty firm. And there are some places where I am aware of some shame in having a certain opinion. Mostly, though, the older I get the less I care what "people say."
2) Melissa's father was a high school teacher. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on you.
So many.... One of my profs in college thumped me on the head freshman year with the Home Truths of feminism. I was already pretty much a feminist without paying a lot of attention to it, but Dr. S (and the class I took with her second semester) made me realize how important it was to stand up for myself and other women, and to try to stop making stupid assumptions about how we interact with men.
3) Melissa won a Grammy for this song. If you won a major award, where would you display it?
It would depend on whether it was something for which I was actually proud. If it were a good thing, the aware would go on my mantle, of course. The chances of this happening are pretty slim. If not something I wanted or felt like I needed to show off, I'd probably do the Gibbs thing and shove it in a drawer.
4) Which TV game show do you think you'd do better on -- The Price Is Right or Wheel of Fortune?
Wheel . Of. Fortune . Hands down. I don't have the slightest interest in pricing things, but I'm aces at Hangman. But I wouldn't try out because the show annoys the living shit out of me.
5) Are you neat and organized?
Ha ha ha ha ha. Come look at my desk area here at home! And (currently) the counter next to the kitchen sink. And the window seat. So many projects, so much distraction....
6) When was the last time you went more than a day without washing your hair?
I do this at least once a week. There's no time on Wednesday mornings to wash, so I shower-cap it and fluff. It's actually good for most people's hair/scalp NOT to wash every day, anyway.
7) When you eat Chinese food, do you use chopsticks or a fork?
Fork. I've given up being elitist and hip. I can use chopsticks, but I feel like a snob when I do.
8) Are you a good cook?
I have a small collection of recipes I can rock pretty well.
9) We're having a party in your honor! Would you prefer a costume party, a bowling party or a pool party?
BOWLING!!

*This is one of my favorite songs off of one of my favorite CDs. I know pretty much the whole disc by heart!

6 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

Brava, Dr. S!

katie eggeman said...

I am with you, I have a few things I do well, and I love to have company. I think everyday cooking is a chore, though.

I am Harriet said...

I'm better for Wheel of Fortune too.

auntiem4cabs said...

funny how many of us are 'not organized'!!!! makes me feel better!!

Kwizgiver said...

I should have answered that I'm an organized mess!

Smellyann said...

Why not just sell the trophy on eBay? ;)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.