Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday 9 Two-Fer

(Link in meme-roll)
Cowboy Casanova

1) The singer tries to warn her friend against a neighborhood Lothario. Do you advise your friends when it comes to love? Or do you stay out of it?
Like most other things, I try (not always successfully) to only share 'advice' if specifically asked, or in dire situations. I have a lot of opinions about the 'romantic' decisions other people make, but since I live in a bit of a glass house, I try to keep my lips zipped. Of course, if they guy is actually dangerous, that's a whole different kettle of fish; I would hope that I would have bopped anyone dating Drew Peterson over her head and dragged her away from him, with the awareness that ultimately people will do what they're going to do.
2) This song is about the hot guy "leaning up against the record machine." Does your favorite restaurant or bar still have a juke box?
One of the places we eat in semi-regularly has a very modern-looking jukebox which always seems to be turned up to 11 in volume. I think there may be a couple of other places that have them too, but I don't pay a lot of attention.
3) Carrie is an American Idol winner. Have you ever gone online or picked up the phone and voted for a contestant on Dancing with the Stars, American Idol or any similar show?
Nope, nope nope nope. I don't even watch these shows. {{shudder}}
4) Carrie graduated magna cum laude and majored in journalism, yet instead of being a reporter, she's a country music superstar. How similar are your life/career today to the way you envisioned them when you were 21?
I also graduated magna cum laude eons ago and had no idea what I was going to do with my life--except get married within 2 months of that. My career didn't take as much of a turn as hers, though.
5) Carrie also competed in beauty pageants and was a runner up for Miss NSU (Northeastern State University). If you were a contestant in a pageant, what would you do for the talent competition?
a) I wouldn't be a contestant in a pageant. The whole concept is vile to me. So b) my talent would probably be Vituperative Bra-Burning or something along those lines.
6) This December, Carrie is scheduled to star in a televised remake of The Sound of Music. Do you have any year-end plans?
Uh, no. Can I get through my birthday in November first? Jeez, I have company here next month and a baptism to get through before the Big Birthday, and frankly I'll be just as happy if we just sit around and stare at each other and play with our new toys on Christmas and New Years.
7) She is married to NHL player Mike Fisher, center for the Nashville Predators. What's your favorite professional sports team?
In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a Packer fan. I also root for the Broncos, the Badgers, and (desultorily) the Browns. I actively cheer against the Patriots, the Bears, and (desultorily) the Raiders.
8) Hockey is a tough game! Do you currently have an owie or an ouchie or a boo-boo that requires a bandaid?
Not really. My cuticles and fingernails are always a little sore, and I just stood on our freshly-blacktopped driveway for about 5 minutes so my feet are a bit crunchy (i.e. burnt), but none of this is a big deal.
9) Summer brings a lot of power outages and brown outs. Do you have a flashlight? If so, have you checked the batteries?
Hah! We have close to a dozen flashlights scattered through the house, but yeah I should probably check batteries. And bulbs. Maybe a culling is in order--some of them are just really in lousy shape, and I'm a bit of a flashlight snob at this point. We lose power fairly often here and it's DARK outside at night with no lights!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Easy Lover

1) This song is about a heartbreaker who just can't commit. Have you ever fallen for an "easy lover?"
Yeah. But I escaped.
2) This song is one of Crazy Sam's "earwigs." Each time she hears it, it bores in and stays in her head forever! (Hear it here, if you dare!) Do you have a song like that?
I wake up with songs in my head every morning. I should probably write them down; I'm certain there's a meaning there somewhere, since they aren't always songs I've heard recently. This week the ones I remember are P!nk's "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" and "Getting to Know You" (from The King and I). WTF? I haven't listened to that soundtrack in decades!
3) Both Phil Collins and Philip Bailey* have stars on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. Have you ever visited Hollywood?
I think so; when I was in California with my high school band, we probably drove through Hollywood at least. I don't remember anything in particular about it.
4) Hollywood is the movie capital of the world. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
We went to the latest "Star Trek" movie a few weeks ago. Before that ... eons.
5) Phil Collins was a child actor in his native England, appearing onstage in musicals like Oliver! Can you think of another child performer who went on to entertainment industry success as an adult?
Uhm...? Seriously? Britney, Xtina, Justin, Lindsey...to name the top of the current crop. Then there's Patty Duke, Danny Bonaduce, Mickey Rooney ... there are scads.
6) Philip Bailey joined Earth, Wind & Fire while still in college, so he's been a performer throughout his working life, as well. Have you ever been tempted to try your hand at show biz?
Not since I have been old enough to vote. Ugh.
7) Is there a profession that you never, under any circumstances, want to try?
Grave robber? President/Prime Minister/Big Decider? "Famous person"?
8) What are you looking forward to right now?
I really need a bath. I think that's next on my schedule...a long, relaxing soak and then a layer of lotion on all that freshly-scrubbed skin. Yay.
9) Do you suffer from trypanophobia (fear of needles/injections)? Or can you bravely donate blood or get a shot, without freaking out?
I don't fear needles, but watching them go into skin makes me really nauseous. After years of donating blood, getting allergy shots and submitting to assorted IVs and blood draws, I still can't watch. The sight of blood doesn't even gross me out (although it's a bit stressful when it's my own), but watching an injection? No, thanks!!
*Well, Earth Wind & Fire has a star.

3 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

Love that you 'escaped' :)

The Gal Herself said...

Wow! These are a lot of answers here! Good luck with the guests coming and the Big Birthday, and oh, how I'd love to soak in the tub.

Kwizgiver said...

Vituperative Bra-Burning = made me chuckle.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.