Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

(Link in meme-roll)

1. Share one way you think the world has changed for the better since you were a kid?
My perception is that we're less racist, less homophobic, slightly less sexist, and more open about the existence of bad things (abuse, disease, etc.).
2. How 'bout one way it's changed for the worse?
Two words: "helicopter parents."
3. Starlight, starfish, starling, Starbucks...your favorite 'star'?
"Star light, star bright/First star I see tonight/I wish I may, I wish I might/Have the wish I wish tonight."
4. Name a song that's overplayed, but you love it anyway.
I don't listen to the radio, so if a song is overplayed it would be because I'm listening to it over and over. The one that comes to mind immediately is Pink's "Fuckin' Perfect" (not the edited version).
5. When did you last have home made ice cream? Your latest favorite flavor?
Not since I lived at home in my teens. It's just way too much work when DQ is right around the corner and is actually less horrific from a nutritional standpoint than homemade is.
6. What do you think is the best way to inspire or motivate people?
Encourage them and then let them take ownership. Generally. Of course, there will always be a few who just need to be pushed because they don't really want to work for whatever reason. I find the carrot approach tends to work better than the stick, though the stick is way more tempting to use, and easier in the short run.
7. When was the last time you were without power?
Sometime in the last six weeks. I know we lost power at least briefly overnight once this summer, and we were out for a couple of hours another time. We lose power all the damn time, so it's hardly noteworthy.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I really hate allergy season. I really totally completely loathe corn pollen. And I don't feel good. And my eyes are completely fubar.

1 sweet-talkers :

Joyce said...

My allergies have been especially awful this year. I started taking Allegra every day a couple of months ago and I think it helps. I can't imagine what my eyes would be like if I hadn't. Glad you joined in today!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.